7. "Give Me Back My Wig" (Theodore Taylor) - 3:30
8. "Collins Shuffle" (Vaughan) - 4:51

Disc Two / July 15, 1985

1. "Scuttle Buttin'" (Vaughan) - 3:02
2. "Say What!" (Vaughan) - 4:45
3. "Ain't Gone N' Give Up On Love" (Vaughan) - 6:24
4. "Pride and Joy" (Vaughan) - 5:10
5. "Mary Had A Little Lamb" (Buddy Guy) - 4:27
6. "Tin Pan Alley (aka Roughest Place In Town) (with Johnny Copeland)" (Robert Geddins) - 13:18
7. "Voodoo Child (Slight Return)" (Jimi Hendrix) - 10:51
8. "Texas Flood" (Larry Davis, Joseph Wade Scott) - 7:37
9. "Life Without You" (Vaughan) - 9:03
10. "Gone Home" (Eddie Harris) - 3:53
11. "Couldn't Stand The Weather" (Vaughan) - 7:29

Live at Montreux July 17, 1982

I was fortunate enough to have seen Stevie Ray Vaughan Live in 1983 when he performed on Austin City Limits. So I prefer his Live albums over the Studio albums. Along with "Live at Montreux", I have "Live at Carnegie Hall". Studio albums I have are his debut album, "Texas Flood" and "Family Style" (w/ Jimmie Vaughan as The Vaughan Brothers) and SRV "Greatest Hits".

Last edited by a moderator:

Garrett

✯ Blues Man ✯
Reaction score
Re: Stevie Ray Vaughn

Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble / Live At Carnegie Hall, 1984

553px-SRV_Carnegie_Hall.jpg

It was recorded @ Carnegie Hall, New York City
October 4, 1984 and released July 29, 1997.

1. Intro - Ken Dashow / John Hammond – 2:09
2. "Scuttle Buttin'" – 2:43
3. "Testifyin'" (Ronald Isley, O'Kelly Isley, Jr., Rudolph Isley) – 5:20
4. "Love Struck Baby" – 3:05
5. "Honey Bee" – 3:05
6. "Cold Shot" (Mike Kindred, W. C. Clark) – 4:45
7. "Letter To My Girlfriend" (Eddie Jones) – 3:08
8. "Dirty Pool" (Doyle Bramhall, Vaughan) – 6:40
9. "Pride and Joy" – 4:48
10. "The Things That I Used to Do" (Jones) – 5:26
11. "C.O.D." (Leo Gooden) – 5:32
12. "Collin's Shuffle" (Albert Collins) – 5:11
13. "Lenny" – 7:14
14. "Rude Mood" – 2:22

Mt Source: Live At Carnegie Hall @ All Music.com

Last edited by a moderator:

Garrett

✯ Blues Man ✯
Reaction score
Re: Stevie Ray Vaughn (Official Thread)

Albert King With Stevie Ray Vaughan / In Session

2cz3ozo.jpg

Recorded on December 6, 1983 at CHCH Studios, Hamilton, Ontario and released on August 17, 1999

The CD:

1. Stormy Monday
2. Old Times
3. Pride and Joy
4. Ask Me No Questions
5. Pep Talk
6. Blues at Sunrise
7. Turn It Over
8. Overall Junction
9. Match Box Blues
10. Who Is Stevie?
11. Don't Lie to Me

The DVD:

1. Introduction
2. Born Under A Bad Sign
3. Texas Flood
4. Call It Stormy Monday
5. "Old Times"
6. Matchbox Blues
7. "Pep Talk"
8. Don't Lie To Me
9. "Who Is Stevie?"
10. Pride And Joy
11. I'm Gonna Move To The Outskirts Of Town
12. Outtro

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score

OH MUH GAH.......

I never knew that thing had been released on DVD! I MUST find this to own. :bow:

Thanks for posting that vid Garrett... I'll be having this playing for the next hour and half for sure.

Garrett

✯ Blues Man ✯
Reaction score

OH MUH GAH.......

I never knew that thing had been released on DVD! I MUST find this to own. :bow:

Thanks for posting that vid Garrett... I'll be having this playing for the next hour and half for sure.

Your welcome! :grinthumb It`s cool to watch them to perform together...

I just have the CD, that I got before the Deluxe Edition CD/DVD was released in 2010. After watching this I might have to spring for this one too!

Amazon.com: In Session [Deluxe Edition CD/DVD]: Albert King, Stevie Ray Vaughan: Music

Vehicle

Aging Metalhead
Reaction score

His brother Jimmie isn't too bad either. Remember the Fabulous Thunderbirds?

I saw them together at the Mann Music Center in Philly. It's an outdoor pavillion, but it's called something different now.

I forget what year I saw them, though. Between 87-89 or thereabouts.

The T-Birds opened for SRV. Jimmie came out and did a few numbers with Stevie.

WhenI heard on the radio he'd been killed, I literally had to pull over to the side of the road.

Everyone music lover has those special ones. The ones that get a little deeper and strike a nerve. SRV was that for me.

It's just soooo heartbreaking to think of all the music he never got to give us.
He'd be 56 or 57 now.

Some people don't care for the big Texas blues sound, and that's cool. I always loved that cat. Man, he could play.

He wasn't just someone playing the blues and having it come out of the guitar and amps. It came from somewhere inside him. It flowed. He wasn't playing the music, he was in it. And that's exactly how I felt when I saw him. I wasn't just listening, I was swallowed up in it.

He was legit, and all the big names knew it. BB King, Albert King, Buddy Guy, Clapton, all of those guys praised him.

When The Sky Is Crying came out, I was worried it was going to be garbage, a bunch of unfinished studio put out just to turn a buck. Boy, was I happily wrong.

When is guitar screamed out the first notes of Boot Hill, I knew I had something special. I don't know all the ins and out of how it was produced or engineered or anything like that. I think Jimmie had a hand in it, can't be sure.

Anyhow, it was a really well done album. Stevie certainly got the respect he deserved from those cats.

Man, I really, really miss that guy. :(

BTW, is Stevie's name intentionally spelled wrong for this thread? I only ask because it's misspelled on David Bowie's 'Let's Dance' cd.

Garrett

✯ Blues Man ✯
Reaction score

BTW, is Stevie's name intentionally spelled wrong for this thread? I only ask because it's misspelled on David Bowie's 'Let's Dance' cd.

:clap: Your right, it`s misspelled, I think it was unintentional.....Good Eye!

Phil B.

Far Out Man!
Reaction score

I saw them together at the Mann Music Center in Philly. It's an outdoor pavillion, but it's called something different now.

I forget what year I saw them, though. Between 87-89 or thereabouts.

The T-Birds opened for SRV. Jimmie came out and did a few numbers with Stevie.

WhenI heard on the radio he'd been killed, I literally had to pull over to the side of the road.

Everyone music lover has those special ones. The ones that get a little deeper and strike a nerve. SRV was that for me.

It's just soooo heartbreaking to think of all the music he never got to give us.
He'd be 56 or 57 now.

Some people don't care for the big Texas blues sound, and that's cool. I always loved that cat. Man, he could play.

He wasn't just someone playing the blues and having it come out of the guitar and amps. It came from somewhere inside him. It flowed. He wasn't playing the music, he was in it. And that's exactly how I felt when I saw him. I wasn't just listening, I was swallowed up in it.

He was legit, and all the big names knew it. BB King, Albert King, Buddy Guy, Clapton, all of those guys praised him.

When The Sky Is Crying came out, I was worried it was going to be garbage, a bunch of unfinished studio put out just to turn a buck. Boy, was I happily wrong.

When is guitar screamed out the first notes of Boot Hill, I knew I had something special. I don't know all the ins and out of how it was produced or engineered or anything like that. I think Jimmie had a hand in it, can't be sure.

Anyhow, it was a really well done album. Stevie certainly got the respect he deserved from those cats.

Man, I really, really miss that guy. :(

Wonderful post Vehicle. Well put. I remember exactatly where I was and what I was doing when I heard about his death.

In a lot of ways his performances were reaching an apex, (much like Hendrix's) when he was suddenly snatched away.

Garrett

✯ Blues Man ✯
Reaction score

October 3, 1954 – August 27, 1990

Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble - Live 1983 - Austin City Limits - Digitally Remastered

Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble- Austin City Limits- Live 1989 - Digitally Remastered

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online