State of the Unionish

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm starting to realize that I may be writing this to a new breed of people that only know that my name is red on top of some loyal members that keep this machine running. I'm always amazed that despite the changes with media, people and variations of activity that this place still moves forward and the gears keep turning. I've been here a long time and some of the members here have been doing the forum thing even longer. It can be a grind. You see a lot of the same topics over time and wonder what's left to say. What makes it fresh is seeing people get excited and bring that energy of discovery to remind us all why we are here. That's why I'm glad to see a lot of new and reemerging faces.

What keeps me here is this place has the cozy feeling of home. We have the nicest breed of people I've seen online. There's been some interesting occurrences over time but it's all been small change in comparison to the good people and activity. I want to offer a little bit of an apology and introduce myself as more than a janitor, overseer and occasional guy in red with a music thread. This year is honestly the worst year I've ever experience in life. Luckily death has surrounded me very little in my life compared to most but it's seemed to have saved itself all for the span of two years starting with the heart attack of my grandmother, The death of my mentor and in the span of about a half year apart the one two punch of losing that same grandmother and my grandfather occurred. This wasn't a quick death. it was a rollercoaster of hope and falls over the spoan of the last remasining years they had. It monopolized my mind and my energy for sharing myself became less unless it was about them.

Anyone who knows me from before knows the passion I have for discovering, presenting and sharing music. I feel I might finally have peace to do that and with the new life in the forum and the new life I feel I have now.

In the meantime, I have to once again thank the other man in red Sharp, who's been a lifesaver and is largely responsible for anchoring this forum. Right up to when my grandfather passed he was always willing to hold the fort and he understood the distractions. I also have to thank our longtime mod Riff for keeping things maintained and moving as well. Our staff has dwindled a lot since it's prime and many people have been swallowed by real life. I hope and believe this place can thrive again with this combination of old and new blood and I'm looking forward to seeing it. Any questions or help needed the staff is willing to do our best to help. Take care! :grinthumb

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I as well as most understand when a year can go dire so am only too happy to do my part to maintain progress here as best I can while you're enduring a rough period. It truly does suck when someone has to go through such a period so I can only hope things get better dude. Sharp has been a great addition to the team to help this forum chug along. :)

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I as well as most understand when a year can go dire so am only too happy to do my part to maintain progress here as best I can while you're enduring a rough period. It truly does suck when someone has to go through such a period so I can only hope things get better dude. Sharp has been a great addition to the team to help this forum chug along. :)

I remember that Riff but glad you rejoined after your hiatus! I appreciate your help and kind words. We have a modest size team between the three of us but we get enough down to prevent any utter disasters from occurring. :heheh: We make a good team. :)

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
I'm just happy to be a part of the forum again :D

recgord27

Walking down a dusty road
Reaction score
Hey Soot, great to see you back again. Your presence on the forum has been missed.
On a personal note, please accept my deepest sympathy and condolences for your losses. I hope that the healing process continues and that you return to your old self soonest.
Also, kudo's to Sharp and the team for keeping the forum going. Great work :cheers2

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LillaMackr

Members online