Starcastle (Official Thread)

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Another track by the highly underated US prog band STARCASTLE. I think the band have shrugged of the YES clone tag and now the albums are highly sought after.
Spotted the highly rated "Citadel" album on vinyl the other day and I was so..so tempted.The albums have recently been remastered on cd and sound good :grinthumb

Diamond song

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^You should follow Sox's lead and get a turntable again LOU the old stuff still sounds better on wax than digital. I know I don't regret reinvesting in vinyl again, I love holding the gatefolds' in my hands.:D

It was too bad Starcastle got tagged as a Yes Wannabee, they did some excellent albums over their career.

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
I have a new turntable LG [Marantz] Denon amp and don't laugh.......Wharfedale speakers like Sweaty. It would have been lovely to have got "Citadel" on vinyl...pretty rare over here in the uk. Unfortunately when I went back for it the stall had packed up and gone home. Yeah still love my vinyl !

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I have a new turntable LG [Marantz] Denon amp and don't laugh.......Wharfedale speakers like Sweaty. It would have been lovely to have got "Citadel" on vinyl...pretty rare over here in the uk. Unfortunately when I went back for it the stall had packed up and gone home. Yeah still love my vinyl !

I would never laugh LOU,,,although all 3 of you are now officially in the Wharfedale gang.:gig

Glad you have a turntable, what cartridge are you running right now? I like Marantz I have 3 pieces I bought less than 2 years ago now and just sold an old vintage receiver I don't use anymore. If it were one of the really top models I wouldn't have parted with it, but I've got so much gear it was time to move some of it out.

Starcastle is easy to find in our 2nd hand vinyl shops.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steviepaul

Members online