1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Star Wars! (Movies, Jedi, Lightsabers, and more)

Discussion in 'Movies / Television' started by Prime, Mar 15, 2011.

1. doswizard

doswizard "That Which does Not Kill Us makes Us Stronger!"

2. Lynch

Lynch I'm just here for the cookies!

The final trailer for the end of the Skywalker saga (Episodes 1-9) just came out tonight.

I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. A part of my wants to revert back to my giddy childhood days and a part of me wants to hope that somehow, someway Jar Jar Abrams pulls his shit together and puts out a decent conclusion to the sequel trilogy.

This trailer does make a bit more hopeful, but I'm still not going to throw away my skeptic's hat. I'd rather be pleasantly surprised by this possibly being a decent or even a good movie than to assume it will be good and be disappointed for the third time in a row

(not including the Han Solo movie that was average-at-best).

doswizard likes this.
  3. doswizard

Here is a great take on what it takes......

4. doswizard

5. Lynch

Lynch I'm just here for the cookies!

I've been holding off on writing up anything on The Rise of Skywalker as I'm still soaking it in and pondering what I watched in the theater just over a week ago. I'm also trying to decide if I want to go watch it again. I may very well go do that next week Tuesday (New Years Eve). Until then, I'll just keep most of my comments to myself.

I will say this and only this (for now) ... I didn't love it and I didn't hate it. I'll leave it at that (again, for now).

[​IMG]

Sharp Dressed Man likes this.
  6. Sharp Dressed Man

Sharp Dressed Man Down South Jukin' Staff Member

I feel the same way. There's a lot to criticize in this movie and the new trilogy in general, but I can't say that I didn't feel entertained watching this one (and the other ones), the real problem is when you start analyzing them in your mind. That being said, my gut feeling is that I prefer this one over the previous one, but I'll reserve judgement for some point in the future, when I've watched it more times. I'll definitely go see it again at the cinema, if time allows.