Stairway to Heaven: Mary J. Blige, Steve Vai, Orianthi, Travis Barker

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
If anyone has time to watch the whole thing I'd love to hear a rock fan's take on this performance. From two or three years ago on Idol Gives Back. I believe there is a studio version but this performance is what I remembered. :grinthumb

Garrett

✯ Blues Man ✯
Reaction score
I wanted to quit @ :48 when she started singing but I watched it......:wtf: Sacrilege! I like Vai and the Drummer rocked but they were not enough to save it!

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
It wasn't that bad...but it can't hold a candle to the original Stairway.

Sacrilege...:heheh:...that made me smile Garrett, I wonder what Jimmy, JPJ or Robert think of this cover of their most famous song.:think:

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
Made made me want to barf ....Steve Vai should be shot for joining up with those three musical morons to desecrate this song :buzz:

tomcat

CRF Ex-Con
Reaction score
On a Misty Mountain overlooking Strawberry Fields.
I'd rather wash my eyes out with acid, and drive 16 penny nails in my ears than experience that ****ing trash video again; I've seen a bit of it before and it made me puke. I agree that Vai should be shot... And that nasty bitch on vocals should be have her tongue cut out and jammed up her ass, and then set on fire and burned alive. BLASPHEMY!

gcczep

Ever Onward...
Reaction score
A verse [or two?] was missing, the solo was misplaced and she dragged the closing lyrics too long. Not hip to it being re-arranged so much. Very sloppy. I'll give her this, Blige has good taste.

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
Due to my random and unfortunate encounters w/ her music I would like to go on record and say I wholeheartedly disagree w/ the above good taste statement.

JerseyGirl

Reaction score
I'd rather wash my eyes out with acid, and drive 16 penny nails in my ears than experience that ****ing trash video again; I've seen a bit of it before and it made me puke. I agree that Vai should be shot... And that nasty bitch on vocals should be have her tongue cut out and jammed up her ass, and then set on fire and burned alive. BLASPHEMY!

You crack me up! :oyea:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online