Sooty's Battle of the Songbirds #1

Which of these Songbirds songs are the best?

• Total voters

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Well Joe called one of the ladies in my thread a songbird and I like a LOT of songbirds so I think I'll expose them in some polls! :grinthumb Which songbird based on the song featured is your favorite! :D

Fisher-I Will Love You

A Fine Frenzy-Almost Lover

Susie Suh-All I Want

Maria Mena-What's Another Day

Mandy Moore-Gardenia
(Yes, I love Mandy Moore guys :heheh:)

joe

Reaction score
A Fine Frenzy follwed by Suzie Suh. Sometimes it's nice to hear songs that are simple and not wrapped in complexities and technical expression.:)

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
A Fine Frenzy follwed by Suzie Suh. Sometimes it's nice to hear songs that are simple and not wrapped in complexities and technical expression.:)

I agree! Melody, raw expression and focus on the beauty of one instrument or a gorgeous vocals wrapped around relatable lyrics is definitely passed off way too often Joe! :grinthumb

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
That is why the vids are posted, Tomcat......check em out, then you can crap on them if you want :D

You might like a couple of them though :)

Maria Mena for me.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Who the **** are these singers. I've never heard of any of them.

That is why the vids are posted, Tomcat......check em out, then you can crap on them if you want :D

You might like a couple of them though :)

Maria Mena for me.

:oyea:

Tomcat, everyone else has the demographic for the other well known rock staples and I prefer to do stuff I like which is outside the box here! :heheh: I don't think there's even a .00000000000000000000001% chance you'll like any of them because you stated before that you aren't a piano fan at all and there are no sick guitar grooves in these! :heheh: I don't care if everyone likes every song here or not but it's interesting to see where peoples preferences lay even outside their comfort zone when things they hear for the first time are matched up! :grinthumb

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
It's a big "uh der" that I would love all these songs but the hard pick would be narrow down closely to Susie Suh "All I Want" winning it. She has the best vocal, deep, sultry, expressive and she's perfect in tune with the melancholy vibe and sadness of the song. The piano melody is beautiful and each key has a heaviness that matches the drama of the song. The song has a steady build into the beautiful "I tell you that I wanna go but I wanna stay" and you really see during this peak someone who's drawn to the flame but knows the consequences. Love, temptation and even lust remains but must be avoided. Yes, a simple song can contain the world within IMHO! :grinthumb

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online