Songs you wish your favourite artist would cover

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
One of my fave bands, Avantasia has actually covered Don't Stop Believing by one of my fave bands Journey, however, Tobias Sammet decided not to release it on the new albums... I hope it will see the light of the day on some single or EP release..

I looked for that because it sounded like it would be awesome! I couldn't find it on youtube! :wa I was thinking Avantasia would do an awesome cover of any Meatloaf song based on how much The Story Ain't Over could totally be a Meatloaf song! :grinthumb

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score
Blue Cheer and Free covered this tune, but how about...

Ted Nugent covering Albert King's ''The Hunter''

:guitar:

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
Always thought Neil Young should have covered Serve the Servants by Nirvana, considering that song sounds more like Crazy Horse than it does Nirvana! Everything down to the lyrical themes (scabby critics overstepping their boundaries, getting over divorce) are Neil Young 101. As ridiculous as it sounds, I'd probably bet $100 that Serve the Servants was an outtake from the Zuma sessions (the rollicking chords closely mirror tracks like Don't Cry No Tears), or maybe Ragged Glory (obviously you've got the ferocious 90s kick to it). I feel like if Neil didn't slip Kurt the song for them to play, then Kurt at least must have written it for Neil to play!

I know it's a completely unfounded conspiracy theory but that's the story I will stick to until the day I die. Love me some Nirvana but I think Neil could have done it better, and considering he's supposed to dig In Utero, he really ought to have given the song a run through or two, even just as a sound check.

Death on Credit

Reaction score
I would like to hear the original Velvet Underground line-up cover Bob Dylan's 'Desolation Row'.

I would also like to hear Jimi Hendrix cover...pretty much anything.

Kuaizi

Reaction score
I've always wanted to hear a metal band do a cover of "Uncontrollable Urge" by DEVO. Maybe like Fear Factory style with lots of sixteenth notes. The drumming could be quite sick!

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score
Paul McCartney covering John Lennon's ''How Do You Sleep''

:)

And release it as a single, with the B-side being ''Back Off Boogaloo''

:heheh:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member