Songs You Can't Stand

Slipn

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
By the way, that Rhianna song sucks, but then again, I have yet to hear one that doesn't. She does have SOME vocal talent, but the piss poor songs that they hand her are nearly worthless (at least for my ears).

There is always that debate about new pop stars not writing their own music and that of course say's allot about talent these days..
I used to not listen to radio since I have a boat load of albums cd's etc. But I did find a so called classic rock station to listen to while I work outside.. They thrown in some country and a few pop tunes.. When that Rhianna song comes on I have to turn it off. I just don't care for that dorky "Like Diamond"
voice either she or some other girl keeps dropping in the song.

Cozy 4ever

Reaction score
the entire grunge genre

It wasn't rappers who destroyed rock and roll and it wasn't internet technology. It was a bunch of sniveling whining greasy-haired smackhead depression patients in flannel shirts and converse sneakers.

I am embarrassed to be a member of Generation X. Don't even blame the damn millennials, the whole thing was originally OUR fault.

Slipn

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
I think when rap first started it was more different than what goes on today.. Artist like Kurtis Blow and other actually didn't sample too much others music. It was the no talent can't play a instrument rappers who screwed up the rap world. The gangster thug rap bunch and all the sampling other people songs and removing the word and rapping over loops is where I drew the line.
It's always funny when they try to sing and they are flat as a board and sound uneducated. Especially when they make up words that have to rhyme.
There are some rappers I can listen to like Dre.. Ice Cube.. some snoop..a few others.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
I think when rap first started it was more different than what goes on today.. Artist like Kurtis Blow and other actually didn't sample too much others music. It was the no talent can't play a instrument rappers who screwed up the rap world. The gangster thug rap bunch and all the sampling other people songs and removing the word and rapping over loops is where I drew the line.
It's always funny when they try to sing and they are flat as a board and sound uneducated. Especially when they make up words that have to rhyme.
There are some rappers I can listen to like Dre.. Ice Cube.. some snoop..a few others.

Old school rap was pretty cool. I listened to quite a bit of it back in the early to mid 80's. Every Friday (or maybe it was Saturday) there was a gathering of hoodwink-wannabes that would meet up at the YMCA and would breakdance and just hangout and listen to a lot of that stuff.

Kurtis Blow
Grandmaster Flash
Fat Boys
Run DMC
Kool Moe Dee
etc.

Long before it turned into a gansta/thug thing in the late 80's and early 90's. Some of the stuff that NWA & Public Enemy put out wasn't bad. Some was awful. The vast majority of hiphop in the 90's does absolutely nothing for me. A few songs here and there, but most of it is nails on a chalk board. Eminem was a breath of fresh air, inserting a comedic side to the genre while laying down bars like very few before him. While his social justice bullshit can go eat a dick (not just him, any entertainer), I still do appreciate much of his catalog.

Aero

Reaction score
the entire grunge genre

It wasn't rappers who destroyed rock and roll and it wasn't internet technology. It was a bunch of sniveling whining greasy-haired smackhead depression patients in flannel shirts and converse sneakers.

I am embarrassed to be a member of Generation X. Don't even blame the damn millennials, the whole thing was originally OUR fault.

Slipn

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
Old school rap was pretty cool. I listened to quite a bit of it back in the early to mid 80's. Every Friday (or maybe it was Saturday) there was a gathering of hoodwink-wannabes that would meet up at the YMCA and would breakdance and just hangout and listen to a lot of that stuff.

Long before it turned into a gansta/thug thing in the late 80's and early 90's. While his social justice bullshit can go eat a dick (not just him, any entertainer), I still do appreciate much of his catalog.

So bro. you used to hang out at the YMCA in the 80's and breakdance? Were you a hoodwick or a wannabe..? :heheh::heybaby:
Have you ever in your life heard this song or the artist??

LostDecade

Banned
Reaction score
I loves me some Sax...just not Kenny G.

I wanna puke every time I hear it.

Kinna like watching Billy Crystal or Tom Cruise in a movie.

Astralfel

Reaction score
Anything by Linkin Park (and any rap-rock or nu-metal for that matter)
Most of Radiohead's discography, with the exception of The Bends.
Anything by KISS
Anything by Nickelback
Most rap. 80s rap is alright I guess, but the rest I don't particularly like. That includes 90s rap too.
Anything by Disturbed, but their awful Sound of Silence cover especially. Horrible.
Most of the grunge genre. I like a small handful Nirvana and Pearl Jam songs but thats about it.
Most 2010s indie. I like a few bands (Tame Impala, MGMT, some King Gizzard) but for the most part it annoys me.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online