Sonata Arctica (Official Thread)

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
New song entitled Life off upcoming album The Ninth Hour.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The Ninth Hour will celebrate its 5th birthday October 2021.

sddefault.png

Among the Shooting Stars

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
New album coming March 8, 2024

IMG_0727.jpeg

Tracklist:
01. First in Line
02. California
03. Shah Mat
04. Dark Empath
05. Cure for Everything
06. A Monster Only You Can’t See
07. Teardrops
08. Angel Defiled
09. The Best Things
10. Clear Cold Beyond

Line-up:
Tony Kakko – Vocals
Elias Viljanen – Guitars
Pasi Kauppinen – Bass
Henrik “Henkka” Klingenberg – Keyboards
Tommy Portimo – Drums

Singer Tony Kakko comments: “We’ve felt for a while now that we needed to get heavier after a couple of unintentionally softer albums. We still love those albums, but in terms of finding cornerstone songs for a feel-good melodic metal show, the previous album didn’t have much to offer. We’re getting back to metal after all that feels like a fresh start, and the new songs have been so much fun to write and record: More speed and songs that people can and want to sing along to. We can’t wait to hit the road with this album and see how the crowds react to us being back at it”.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Another release from upcoming album, Clear Cold Beyond

A Monster Only You Can‘t See

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Don’t know how long this will stay up..

Full Album Clear Cold Beyond

dr wu

Dr Prog
Reaction score
Hmmm...bored on a Friday morning so thought I would ck out this thread.
Never heard of these guys so I listened to the tracks posted and then looked them up on Prog Rock Archives. They sound somewhat like a cross between later Iron Maiden and Dream Theater with other melodic metal aspects. Also like the proggy covers.
In 2009 they were offered to be in the Prog Rock Archives as either prog metal or prog related but were rejected by the team of moderators at Prog Archives data base. To me they are as proggy as other bands like this that are in the listings but its not my call.
Not a bad band but they sound like other melodic prog metal bands to me and when I do listen to that I play Iron Maiden.

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
Hmmm...bored on a Friday morning so thought I would ck out this thread.
Never heard of these guys so I listened to the tracks posted and then looked them up on Prog Rock Archives. They sound somewhat like a cross between later Iron Maiden and Dream Theater with other melodic metal aspects. Also like the proggy covers.
In 2009 they were offered to be in the Prog Rock Archives as either prog metal or prog related but were rejected by the team of moderators at Prog Archives data base. To me they are as proggy as other bands like this that are in the listings but its not my call.
Not a bad band but they sound like other melodic prog metal bands to me and when I do listen to that I play Iron Maiden.
Their early albums were pretty amazing, especially with Jani Liimatainen in guitar. I haven't been too little blown away by them since The Days Of Grays, but the new album has some promise as a return to form.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrentonBeo

Members online