Somewhere In Time

How would you rate Somewhere In Time on a scale of 10?

• 10: Classic

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • 9: Superb

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • 8: Excellent

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • 7: Great

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • 6: Good

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • 5: Average

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • 4: Poor

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3: Very poor

• 2: Bad

• 1: Awful

• Total voters

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
^^It's funny Maiden got much less grief for this album than Priest did for a similar recording "Turbo" EF, but I still think it's a good album.

I don't see SWIT as anything close to Turbo witch is definitely radio fare.
I agree w/ Bob .Great album !
\m/
Up The Irons !!!

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I didn't mean they were identical both Maiden and Priest tried to branch out on both SWIT and Turbo, and it worked much better for Maiden and hard core fans of both bands were not as impressed with either album as their earlier ones.

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
I didn't mean they were identical both Maiden and Priest tried to branch out on both SWIT and Turbo, and it worked much better for Maiden and hard core fans of both bands were not as impressed with either album as their earlier ones.

I understand what both you and Joe are on about and obviously your opinions are valid from your own perspectives. From my own perspective however
SWIT is a band doing something a bit different then their usually fare yet remaining true to their ideals and their sound base while Turbo is more of a "safe" album designed to be inoffensive and more mainstream after Judas Priest had just come out of a trial in the US court system ( one that accused them of being vile subliminal destroyers of youth ).

I just think Turbo is what it is due to an attempt to lay low and not rock the boat while SWIT is just a bit of variety to keep things interesting while still remaining true to who they are .

taha

Reaction score
One of my favorite I.M. LP'S.
Wasted Years, Somewhere in Time, and Deja Vu, metal doesn't get much better !!

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
^^It's funny Maiden got much less grief for this album than Priest did for a similar recording "Turbo" EF, but I still think it's a good album.
Exactly, never understood that since they both went with the midi guitars and more commercialized sound on the two albums in question. Personally, I still love Turbo (which I'd give a 9 out of 10) more than SIT, so I'll give this one an 8. Good, but not as great as a few that came before it. Or should I say "excellent"

Kuaizi

Reaction score
I give it a 9: SUPERB! MP, I agree with you that this album is filled with uber goodness! I don't really see this album as mainstream or commercial. Alexander the Great is far from that and such a great track. Deja Vu is exciting and powerful. The opening track is a huge headbanger! Lots of good hooks that get stuck in your head and all that other Maiden goodness. For me it doesn't get a ten because it isn't as polished production-wise as like Powerslave. For me the balance is slightly off but that's just nit-picking!

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Excellent, very fine album.

stepcousin

stuck in the 70's
Reaction score
I voted 9, but really about a 9.2 or so. Loved it since day one, especially side 2. Epic band performances on this, a natural progression from Powerslave and the live album.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online