Somewhere In Time

How would you rate Somewhere In Time on a scale of 10?

• 10: Classic

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • 9: Superb

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • 8: Excellent

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • 7: Great

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • 6: Good

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • 5: Average

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • 4: Poor

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3: Very poor

• 2: Bad

• 1: Awful

• Total voters

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
Definitely a 9.

Checking some of the earlier posts, I have to add that I don't think ANY Iron Maiden album is "mainstream" or "commercial". Anyone who thinks so, needs to read up on those words. :oyea:

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
And they need to get their hearing checked massively if they think Somewhere In Time or any of the 80s material is commercial or mainstream. I swear those two words get thrown around way too often. Experimental does not automatically = mainstream.

GiovanniV

Reaction score
One of their best, a ten out of ten from me.

Favourite tracks: Stranger In A Strange Land, Alexander The Great, The Loneliness Of The Long Distance Runner.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
A superb vote for me. I was a bit late in my years with heavy metal listening pleasures. A lot of chatter in this thread about “commercial” and “mainstream” being tossed about. I was a mainstream listener at one point. Trust me…..nothing in Maiden’s catalog is mainstream.

I would never confuse well liked with mainstream.

if you want to talk Taylor Swift….then we can easily talk commercial artist.:wank:

Mr Mojo Risin

Cactus Brew Drinker
Reaction score
9 from me. This album grew on me immensely over the years n' even as Powerslave remains my favorite, this managed to work its way up to my third favorite Maiden album. Hell yeah!

Hydrazoic Acid

Skeptic
Reaction score
A superb vote for me. I was a bit late in my years with heavy metal listening pleasures. A lot of chatter in this thread about “commercial” and “mainstream” being tossed about. I was a mainstream listener at one point. Trust me…..nothing in Maiden’s catalog is mainstream.

I would never confuse well liked with mainstream.

if you want to talk Taylor Swift….then we can easily talk commercial artist.:wank:
The word "mainstream" when applied to Iron Maiden is just ridiculous. I always laughed on it. :grinthumb

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online