1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

slick wants you all to say anything you want

Discussion in 'Graveyard' started by SlickDick, Dec 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Music Wench

Music Wench Rock and Roll Grandma

Here's a complaint I have lately. People who call places of business and ask the person who answers "How are you?" even if they have no idea who that person is. Do you really want to know how I am or are you just trying to sound like a salesman? Because it only aggravates me and makes me want to either hang up on you or really tell you how I am and you probably won't want to know. Not to mention when I answer the phone, it's because it's busy and the people who are supposed to be answering are too busy to answer and probably too busy to engage in mindless chitchat with someone they don't know either.

It's becoming the 'have a nice day' of the 21st century. Just be polite, say hello and ask your question or say what you want.

Oh and another thing, if you call places for information, have your pen and paper ready to write down the information because if you're specifically calling for an email address or phone number and don't have those items ready, the person about to give you the information is thinking 'you dumbass.'

I'm really much nicer than this, it's just been a tough go lately at work with everyone taking vacations and leaving a skeleton crew behind.

2. Martha Washington

Martha Washington eat it! it's GOOD for you

this is obviously some sort of psychological tool. you just answered the phone and already they're calling the shots. they are asking and you are answering.

some weeks I field a lot of phonecalls and at least half the calls that begin with 'how are you today?' end up with a display of disbelief at common phone protocol. those people act like getting somebody's voice mail is an insult and that they are SO big and SO important that they will see that you lose your job.:D

you ever see that movie "the boiler room"? I'd swear they use it to train people. really important people get voicemail sometime. it's my experience that they are usually cool about it. the only people who aren't cool about it are salesman jackasses who start with "how are you today?"

I always tell them I'm fine. I usually am.

3. SlickDick

SlickDick Senior Member

No Habla Ingles maricon! will that work?

4. eccentric man

eccentric man Senior Member

i'll 2nd this one and its invert. when you fax additional information to a large corporation like say.... a credit card company. try adding more than just 'attn: Bill' or 'this is what i was talking to Pat about on the phone'

it's getting to the point where it seems like more and more people refuse to accept or acknowledge that they're partially responsible for their financial state.

5. SlickDick

SlickDick Senior Member

Everyone I know is dying
    Leaving me all alone and crying
    yesterday it was my best friend
    came to a bitter end
    I'm here just sighing

6. Midnight Rider

Midnight Rider Captain Karma

I am not xmess or any of the other trolls that have been here lately. I have no idea who it is either or why they have been doing what they do.
    I already said this once but I thought maybe I better say it again more emphatically. It seems illogical to me that I would troll. I have been spending time and effort to start threads and posts lately to encourage others to post so it seems like I would be hurting what I have been doing to troll the site. I have no idea how you arrived at the conclusion that I must be the problem and I really am not responding to try and prove to you I am not xmess. You can believe what you want. I am only standing up for myself and letting others who might think the same know I am not.

7. Reverend Rock

Reverend Rock cool music and hot coffee

I was just joking, because you seem so particularly fascinated with xmess. I didn't really think you were him/her/it.

8. Midnight Rider

Midnight Rider Captain Karma

I guess I was getting a little carried away with him/her/it. It is probably better to not feed the trolls as they say.

9. SlickDick

SlickDick Senior Member

Deleted

10. crackedactor1963

crackedactor1963 Master of Puppets !

I only seem to be able to post in this and one other thread is there any particular reason why ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.