1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

slick wants you all to say anything you want

Discussion in 'Graveyard' started by SlickDick, Dec 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SlickDick

SlickDick Senior Member

Lets talk about anything you want to instead of refering to a thread, Martha you can say whataassiam and get it out of your system. Reverend go to it, whats bugging everyone? is it the weather?Eccentric Man calm down,difference of opinions thats all.I'm having a good time when i piss someone off it's like conversing with Daffy Duck WooHoo.

2. Reverend Rock

Reverend Rock cool music and hot coffee

Well, to begin with, I don't like your tie...

3. eccentric man

eccentric man Senior Member

hahaha it's all good. most people who know me in person call me one of the mellowest guys they know. they also call me one of the bitchiest guys they know too, really depends on how my day is going haha.

but i DO have something to gripe about.

can someone explain to me why my department at work is still on mandatory overtime? two weeks ago it started up based on the idea that if we were able to successfully drop our current volume of work to a 1 day turnover (our target is 3 days) that we would all be able to get christmas eve and boxing day off.

now yesterday we started on day 2, but we were told during a team meeting that if we wanted one of the adjoining days next to christmas off we would have to come in on sunday to defer the lost productivity. alright, whatever. it sucks but it's understandable.

so... the department is AHEAD of schedule, we're NOT get extra time off for the holidays but we're still on 'mandatory' OT? WHY?

and the kicker, last night once just about everyone was gone they had a draw to give 3 people from each team (9 in total for a dept of about 40) a day off next to christmas without having to work on sunday to make up for it. we all heard about it today but no one from higher up actually mentioned anything about it.

on a slightly unrelated note, has anyone here actually heard the song i got my username from?

4. SlickDick

SlickDick Senior Member

Isn't Mandatory Overtime illegal in some provinces?I thought excessive overtime is a form of slavery.You got a union? Bitch to them.If your not a union member then you are in sh-t. Is there a holiday rush?

5. SlickDick

SlickDick Senior Member

Thats not my tie, that's my tongue.

6. Reverend Rock

Reverend Rock cool music and hot coffee

Oh...that explains a lot...

7. Martha Washington

Martha Washington eat it! it's GOOD for you

jesus is my shortstop and he should be your shortstop too or you will never get to wear the catcher mitt of happiness.

amen.

8. SlickDick

SlickDick Senior Member

Very well put.
    I am sending the Bard Of Cornwalls rendition of 'Northwest Passage' to all my friends back home for the holidays, from youtube.
    I will be back in B.C. in Feb are there any good shops to find some classic rock CD's I should know about? In Vancouver, anywhere?

9. SlickDick

SlickDick Senior Member

The States,,The last time I was there some Y'all refered to Canada as Communist because of the universal healthcare system,so i said to his ignorant sovereign- country -invading -ass.

Canadians view universal healthcare as a moral issue for which they are willing to pay additional taxes in order to make certain nobody goes without health care because they are too poor to pay for it,I would rather be a healthy communist than a sick American any day.

10. eccentric man

eccentric man Senior Member

funny how there are more and more canadians who head OUT of the country for health care. the ideal of a universal system is nice, unfortunately the reality isn't always so rosy. especially not with the crazy amount of old people. some provinces have even started having private clinics available to the public.

what the politicians really need to do to fix the healthcare system is slash the executive wages, or better yet have the hospital exec boards volunteer only so that way you know health is the only focus as opposed to personal pockets. they also need to get rid of this retarded ticket system for hiring doctors (only X amount per hospital per year regardless of population demand). and for the love of everything stop fucking over the nurses.

i also really don't think there's that much difference between canada and the states. it's definitely not as drastic as some people like to play off. in fact i met more narrow minded / prejudiced people when i was in ontario than i did when i was in washington state. you would be amazed at some of the stuff some 'humble' canadian says about the arrogant americans sometimes.

as for my overtime thing it's not illegal, there are limits to what can be forced onto an employee (they're asking us to work 44 hours total for the week up from our regular 37.5). on the other hand spouting off labour laws to your superior when there's an issue within the workplace usually isn't going to make you look good for future considerations. the main issue seems to be the fact that our department manager is a boob.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.