Slash (Official Thread)

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Yeah, I wasn't a big fan of VR because of Weiland's vocals, which is odd because I liked the first couple of STP albums. To me, it just didn't fit well. Maybe i should go back and listen to some of that album again, might like it more now. I don't think I've listened to in probably 8 or 9 years.

Dr. Love

Reaction score
Ohio, USA, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way
I strummed Slash's guitar live in concert!

I'm a big GN'R fan. Izzy Stradlin is my very favorite modern solo artist, and there is some great stuff on the other early Gunner solo albums (Duff's Believe in Me, Gilby's Pawnshop Guitars and Slash's Snakepit It's Five O'clock Somewhere). Outside of Izzy, I got away from the Gunners in the late 90s, and a friend loaned me the first Velvet Revolver album, but I didn't get into it at all so I haven't followed these artists at all.

Back in 1995 I saw Slash's Snakepit (with Gilby Clarke) on tour. I was right up front. Gilby also sang a couple of the best songs from his album, and the band played part of "My Michelle".

For one of the Snakepit songs, Slash jumped on an amp right beside where I was standing to play a solo. Everyone around me was reaching up an pawing on him, so I reached up in the chaos and touched his greasy hair. On my arm's way back down, I strummed the Slash's guitar in the middle of his solo. At first I was scared because I thought Slash was going to kick me in the head with his cowboy boots. But he didn't.

He just kept right on playing with a big ol' grin on his face. See, Slash was totally baked. He even had a t-shirt on with Dopey from the Seven Dwarves looking high, and one of the rare times Slash spoke in between songs he even said, "Does anyone here like to get high? he he he". He didn't care about me 'adding' to his solo. He was just having fun being a rock star.

Anyway, I strummed Slash's guitar live in concert! True story.

I'm psyched for this one!! Slash,Izzy Stradlin,& Ronnie Wood!!!! I would love all 3 on the same song...maybe "Star Star"!!
Even though "Star Star" is from before Ronnie Wood joined the Stones so he didn't play on that song originally? I don't think the Stones put that in the setlist too much, but Ronnie probably has played it live before. If they were going to cover a Stones song with Ronnie Wood, I just doubt they would waste the chance to cover Ronnie Wood Stones song.

On Ronnie Wood's first solo album, he recorded a song with Keith Richards called "Take a Look at the Guy", with Ronnie and Keith on co-lead vocals and Rod Stewart singing backup. On Izzy Stradlin's first solo album, he got Ronnie Wood to record a new version of the song, and Izzy sings Keith Richards' part. They're both great. Check them out!

Standard Edition

1. "Ghost" (feat. Ian Astbury & Izzy Stradlin) 3:34
2. "Beautiful Dangerous" (feat. Fergie) 4:35
3. "Nothing to Say" (feat. M. Shadows) 5:27
4. "Crucify the Dead" (feat. Ozzy Osbourne) 4:04
5. "Promise" (feat. Chris Cornell) 4:41
6. "By the Sword" (feat. Andrew Stockdale) 4:50
7. "Doctor Alibi" (feat. Lemmy) 3:07
8. "Saint is a Sinner Too" (feat. Rocco DeLuca) 3:28
9. "Watch This" (feat. Dave Grohl & Duff McKagan) 3:46
10. "I Hold On" (feat. Kid Rock) 4:10
11. "Gotten" (feat. Adam Levine) 5:05
12. "We're All Gonna Die" (feat. Iggy Pop) 4:30
13. "Starlight" (feat. Myles Kennedy) 5:35

Classic Rock Slashpack Edition

14. "Baby Can't Drive" (feat. Alice Cooper, Nicole Scherzinger, Steven Adler & Flea)
15. "Paradise City" (feat. Fergie & Cypress Hill)

Japanese version

14. "Sahara" (feat. Koshi Inaba)

Australian version

14. "Chains and Shackles" (feat. Nick Oliveri)

So which song did Ronnie Wood end up playing on, or did that collaboration get moved to a Ronnie Wood solo album?

lordofblack

Reaction score
where is my copy of world on fire?

Nobody has realized that classic rock magazine has lied yo us?

Where is my copy of world on fire?...the official release date is 15 of september including uk and this magazine promised to give us the cd 4 weeks before...then..where is it?...i haven't got it..this a mislead...why i have paid do much Money for something that i could get the same day of the regular edition?

Reaction score
Hi

Sorry not sure if this has been posted somewhere else already but just wondered what people's thoughts were on the new album?

It came out on Monday here and having listened to it a few times I definitely do like it.

I was a bit annoyed that I couldn't just buy the album on it's own and had to fork out £16 to get it with the "special addition classic rock magazine" :(

I was also a bit worried when I found out how many songs there were (but at least I was getting my monies worth :)

I wasn't blown away and never expected to be. At the moment I don't think I'm going to like it as much as his first album with Myles but then that may change with more listening time.

I like Bent to fly, Shadow life, Battleground and Iris of the Storm. The one song I really love though is The Unholy, it seems to separate itself from the rest of the album and really stands out to me. It's a bit weird and I love it.

I do like Myles' voice a lot but it sometimes bores me in a way that Axl's never has. I think that's probably more to do with the songs though. It's a great album but the songs are all very similar. I don't know, maybe I'm just comparing it to appetite again! :(

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
I honestly didn't even know Slash had a new album out. I was very underwhelmed by the last album he did with Myles Kennedy so he sort of fell off my radar quite honestly. I'll give it a listen somewhere when I get the time and be back with what I think of it.

Vader

Veteran Of A Thousand Psychic Wars
Reaction score
Hi

Sorry not sure if this has been posted somewhere else already but just wondered what people's thoughts were on the new album?

It came out on Monday here and having listened to it a few times I definitely do like it.

I was a bit annoyed that I couldn't just buy the album on it's own and had to fork out £16 to get it with the "special addition classic rock magazine" :(

I was also a bit worried when I found out how many songs there were (but at least I was getting my monies worth :)

I wasn't blown away and never expected to be. At the moment I don't think I'm going to like it as much as his first album with Myles but then that may change with more listening time.

I like Bent to fly, Shadow life, Battleground and Iris of the Storm. The one song I really love though is The Unholy, it seems to separate itself from the rest of the album and really stands out to me. It's a bit weird and I love it.

I do like Myles' voice a lot but it sometimes bores me in a way that Axl's never has. I think that's probably more to do with the songs though. It's a great album but the songs are all very similar. I don't know, maybe I'm just comparing it to appetite again! :(

I really like first one with Miles Kennedy and was dissapointed with Slash's back catalogue
Haven't heard the new one yet. Thanks for the heads up I need to look into the new one.

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
I really enjoyed "Apocalyptic Love" when it came out, but I honestly haven't listened to it much since then. I'll revisit it one of these days. As for the new one, the reviews have been mixed and considering the fact that the previous one didn't last too long in my rotation, I'm not sure I'll be getting the new one, at least not right now. Might pick it up, once the price drops.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
IMG_0382.jpeg

Released February 11, 2022

gave this a listen today. It’s not a horrible album, but nothing spectacular either. Give it a 2.5/5

full album

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online