Slash (Official Thread)

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
All good choices. I rather liked The Strangers but I was a bit unsatisfied with the ending. It was still very foreboding though.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Very cool Tray....I'm a pretty big fan of Trilogy of Terror still to this day...mainly because it REALLY freaked me out as a kid...

:heheh:

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
All good choices. I rather liked The Strangers but I was a bit unsatisfied with the ending. It was still very foreboding though.

I was quite surprised at Slash mentioning The Strangers, whilst I enjoyed it enough and found there were a few scares in it, there are other films with a similar theme that I think are scarier like the French film 'Them'.
I see there is a second Strangers film in the pipeline.

Very cool Tray....I'm a pretty big fan of Trilogy of Terror still to this day...mainly because it REALLY freaked me out as a kid...

Who wouldn't be freaked out by this

v8heuc.jpg

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Slash Has Songs Ready For Third Solo Album

Slash Has Songs Ready For Third Solo Album

Slash is hard at work on his third studio album with Myles Kennedy and the Conspirators, hitting Twitter to note that he's already got an album's worth of material "worked up & completed":

"16 trx worked up & completed. + an instrumental? Hard 2 decide what goes on the record, what will b bonus trx. It's all cool." Slash's Twitter

The LP will be the second with Kennedy on vocals, following last year's Apocalyptic Love. Speaking with Pulse of Radio, Slash said that the two have grown closer while making music together:

"We work really well together . . . So it's like any kind of sort of close relationship, where I think we established it really, really early on and now we're just sort of doing our thing, you know."

Tim Bach

Reaction score
Guitar Phantasy--inspired by Slash

Hi,

I'm a huge GN'R fan from way back and my love of Slash’s guitar work over the years inspired me to create a rock'n'roll fairy tale comic book called Guitar Phantasy. It’s out now from Moonrise Comics.

Check out the art and links below.

The quick pitch is: Boy meets guitar. Boy fights demons. It's Scott Pilgrim meets Lord of the Rings. On a broader level, it's about the power of music, but also about the untapped power inside all of us.

The book is available digitally as a PDF for 99-cents at DriveThruComics.com (Guitar Phantasy - Moonrise Comics | DriveThruComics.com) or as a hard copy from Indy Planet (:: Indy Planet ::) for $3.50. At both sites, people can read a preview of the book.

3438304_orig.jpg

1379467214.jpg

5480_orig.jpg

You can find out more at the Moonrise Comics site: Guitar Phantasy - Moonrise Comics.

Thanks! And if you think it's cool, please share it with others.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
This is a pretty good version of Slash with Myles Kennedy last summer in Vegas:

One of my favorite tracks off of the Use Your Illusion albums. Slash is awesome, Myles does a pretty damn decent job replicating Axl in his heyday.

Musikwala

Popmartian
Reaction score
Contraband! Liked the first single, Slither. Didn't care too much for the second one, Fall To Pieces. They sounded a bit too much like STP thanks to Weiland on vocals and very less like classic GNR. My favourite version of the group will always be the Use Your Illusion era.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HildredLad

Members online