Slash (Official Thread)

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
How many times? The album personally went from mildly interesting to amazing gradually, the more times I listened to it.

Seriously, I'd pick that album over appetite for destruction any day.

Like, four or five. It just hardly sparked any interest with me. It didn't have any of the boogie that I love to hear in Slash's music.

I don't care for Myles Kennedy's voice. Slash needs a really good singer, like Joe Lynn Turner.

I really like Myles voice but he doesn't sound so great live unfortunately.

I remember seeing one of those behind the music specials about Guns and Roses, and the stories of Slash were unreal. He was smoking a cig with no shirt on and the cherry fell off into his pants while playing guitar. Slash didn't even mess up the song with his wiener burning. That is dedication, I have always respected the man for that.

They also had a lot of photo ops where everyone in the band is semi sober and poor Slash is passed out propped up in stool with shades and that big hat on. He liked to party.

If you think that's bad you should read his book. The stories in there are hilarious and insane. It's amazing he remembers all of it since he was inebriated for almost all of it. :heheh:

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Didn't like Slash previous album but if the title track Apocalyptic Love is to go by then I may give this album a shot.

And I really like Anastasia as well.

Have to disagree w/ that. Joe Lynn Turners voice is too "nice guy" "meek and mild" sounding for my tastes and Kennedy not only has great vocal skills but he has a bit of balls required for that gritty rock and roll edge that Slash obviously appreciates.
I agree with this, I like his vocals on the songs I'm hearing so far. Really seems to suit the music nicely.

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
Didn't like Slash previous album but if the title track Apocalyptic Love is to go by then I may give this album a shot.

And I really like Anastasia as well.

I agree with this, I like his vocals on the songs I'm hearing so far. Really seems to suit the music nicely.

He is really great live as well.

Powerage

Let There Be Rock!
Reaction score
Apocalyptic Love is one of my albums of the year. It's absolutely immense. ****** all over his first IMO.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
His album before Apocalyptic for me was horrible.
Apocalyptic is ****ing awesome.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
An episode of Pawn Stars had a guy trying to sell Slash's driver license for $50,000 USD.

30961_10151138889011921_669084010_n.jpg

Watch the episode HERE

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
^^^^ Cool :grinthumb

Slash to Release Score for Horror Movie

Slash-Jason-Kempin.jpg

Source Link

Throughout his career, Slash has been known for his trademark top hat. But he will soon don several new hats as he embarks on his latest project, co-producing and co-writing the score ‘Nothing Left to Fear,’ a horror movie that will be released on Oct. 4.

“It’s been equally intriguing for me to be involved with producing, writing and performing the music in ‘Nothing Left to Fear,” Slash said in a press release. “Film scoring prompts me to engage different styles of writing and guitar playing that don’t always present themselves when I make rock ‘n’ roll records.”

‘Nothing Left to Fear’ takes place in Stull, a small town in northeast Kansas whose cemetery might be one of the Seven Gateways to Hell. As one would expect in a horror film set in such a place, a whole lot of scary stuff happens to the family of the town’s new pastor (James Tupper). The movie, which is the first offering through Slash’s Slasher Films production company, also stars Anne Heche as the holy man’s wife.

In addition to co-producing, Slash co-wrote the 32-track score with Nick O’Toole. Even though it’s mostly instrumental, the title track features longtime Slash singer Myles Kennedy. The soundtrack will be released through the popular crowd-sourcing site PledgeMusic, where fans can receive special exclusive merchandise and videos in exchange for pre-ordering the soundtrack. For more information, visit the project’s website.

Metal Head Mike

Reaction score
^^^^ Cool :grinthumb

Slash to Release Score for Horror Movie

Slash-Jason-Kempin.jpg

Source Link

Throughout his career, Slash has been known for his trademark top hat. But he will soon don several new hats as he embarks on his latest project, co-producing and co-writing the score ‘Nothing Left to Fear,’ a horror movie that will be released on Oct. 4.

“It’s been equally intriguing for me to be involved with producing, writing and performing the music in ‘Nothing Left to Fear,” Slash said in a press release. “Film scoring prompts me to engage different styles of writing and guitar playing that don’t always present themselves when I make rock ‘n’ roll records.”

‘Nothing Left to Fear’ takes place in Stull, a small town in northeast Kansas whose cemetery might be one of the Seven Gateways to Hell. As one would expect in a horror film set in such a place, a whole lot of scary stuff happens to the family of the town’s new pastor (James Tupper). The movie, which is the first offering through Slash’s Slasher Films production company, also stars Anne Heche as the holy man’s wife.

In addition to co-producing, Slash co-wrote the 32-track score with Nick O’Toole. Even though it’s mostly instrumental, the title track features longtime Slash singer Myles Kennedy. The soundtrack will be released through the popular crowd-sourcing site PledgeMusic, where fans can receive special exclusive merchandise and videos in exchange for pre-ordering the soundtrack. For more information, visit the project’s website.

Will be checking this out

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
Beautiful, haunting track - love it! Didn't know about the horror movie either, would watch it just to hear the soundtrack ;)

Looking into the film, came across this - Slash's top 5 horror movies

I'm a fellow horror lover so have seen all these, particularly good to see Trilogy of Terror mentioned :grinthumb

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrentonBeo

Members online