Slade (Official Thread)

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Re: Slade, Feel the Noize

Thats right. when Ozzy pulled out from playin the Reading festival in the early 80s.....SLADE performed as replacements...........they went down a storm...and SLADE were reborn'
One of their 80s hits [ it always reminds me of KISS "i love it loud"...or vice versa ] :grinthumb

We'll Bring The House Down

snowblue

Reaction score

I liked Slade but I didn't know about their '80's comeback. I must have missed that somehow!

Probably too busy bringing up kids at the time.......... :rolleyes:

Bryter Later

Reaction score

:grinthumb Great to know that we love to 'Get down n Get With It' to the great sound of Slade. Slade Alive ! is a rocking live album,and their version of Born To Be Wild from that album is awesome. Slade On Stage was a good album too,but imho it has to be Slade Alive,its raw and loud :grinthumb. :cheers2 Bryter.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Can't forget the song that made Quiet Riot a few million..here is the original..

Cum On Feel The Noize

573B341A-D229-0A26-EC531207F3AEEE1D.jpg

muzik_guy

Certified Music Geek
Reaction score

Love love love Slade. One of my absolute favorite band ever. The Holder/Lea songwriting team was just phenomenal. I would give a limb to see a reunion, but I suspect Noddy's aging voice couldn't even remotely do the classics justice now. The '70-'77 era is my favorite though I totally dig the 80's output too. "Nobody's Fools" is far & away the one that has resonated with me the longest. I love that LP. It has been a mainstay in my musical diet since high school & I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Last edited:

Powerage

Let There Be Rock!
Reaction score

Class band. I've got the live anthology which as got Alive 1 + 2, live at Reading 1980 and another one.

Absolutely brilliant. Plus the rockers compilation.

Great choice Sox - Rock n Roll Preacher is immense. The live version on that compilation I first mentioned is a riot.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

Slade have released 15 studio albums between 1969 and 1987 not bad going by any standard. Here's the debut when they were known as Ambrose Slade.

:cheers2

itsjim

Member of Rock legend
Reaction score

Well I agree Slade were a great live band and some of their tracks are timeless and still sounds as good now as they did back in the day.

I saw Slade at Castle Donnington back in the early 80's on the same bill as ACDC or Whitesnake or maybe Rainbow I cannot remember right now but I do remember that Noddy and the guys had thousands and I mean thousands of Rock Fans in the middle of a field on the hottest day of the year singing MERRY CHRISTMAS absolutely feckin brilliant what a showman Noddy Holder is!:bow:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Gudbuy T' Jane is another great track from Slade.

Britney Fox covered this. Quiet Riot could have went for three on this one..:heheh:

Last edited:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LillaMackr

Staff online

Members online