Silverchair (Official Thread)

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
Silverchair++1997.jpg

Silverchair Official Website

Official Discography:
(Frogstomp (1995), Freak Show (1997), Neon Ballroom (1999), Diorama (2002), Young Modern (2007))

Frogstomp2.jpg
512z-TtaQ8L._SL500_AA300_.jpgsilver.jpg
41KqYFVSBPL._SL500_AA300_.jpgymcover.gif

Formed in 1992 while the members were 16 and still in school, Silverchair have been one of the most important Australian Grunge bands of the 90's. In 1995, they recorded their debut album Frogstomp in just 9 days, and it instantly went to no.1, the single Tomorrow being one of their most famous songs.

Two years later, they released Freak Show, which they stated "Focused on the anger and backlash that the expectations of Frogstomp brought upon the band" and produced four singles, Freak, Abuse Me, Cemetery and The Door.

After graduating from high school, the band worked on their third album, Neon Ballroom and in 1999 it was released. They had even more success, although they soon after went on a 12 month hiatus.

In 2001 they returned with their fourth album Diorama, which marked a changing of direction. It was described as more artistic than their former albums, but still recieved great success in Australia.

After taking another break, and working on many side projects, the group reformed for their latest album, 2006's Young Modern. It was a massive sidestep in sound, as it was much more commercially friendly than their previous albums, and it proved successful, the album reaching no.1 again.

Some vids:

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Re: Silverchair

Great band and thread! I own all of their stuff but my favorite is definitely

Diorama
diorama.jpg

What a greatly orchestrated album!

Across The Night

Tuna In The Brine

Luv Your Life

Last edited:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I'll get hold of Diorama and give it a thorough going over, nice thread Sal.:tup:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Great Stuff, guys. I am a big fan of grunge/post-grunge so you know what I am going to do........get some of their stuff.

I found a lot of their stuff on grooveshark.....I am listening now. I dont care too much for their last CD "Yound Modern"...sounds too punkish for my tastes, but I do like the ambiance of "Diorama", the orchestration is excellent.

:tup:

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score

I only have Frogstomp and really like it.. Beside Tommorrow.. I like Israel's Son..
Shade..
They are one of my friends on My Space and when I heard their newest songs.. I was like..:yuk: I liked the old Silverchair..

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score

I too don't like Young Modern. I feel they went too far on the artistic side, and it ended up being pop, but I enjoy the rest of them. After Frogstomp was released, a journo coined them as "Nirvana in Pajamas" :heheh:

F

FoxyPage

I remember hating Abuse Me so much and it made it to #1 on the MuchMusic countdown. Grrrrr.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HildredLad

Members online