Silverchair - Frogstomp (1995)

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
51OFAnmYBnL._SS500_.jpg

I completely forgot about this group and yesterday, I was listening to CD's and pulled this one out and played it.
It brought back why I like this CD so much.. Silverchair's debut and worthy of a hard hitting band. Their current stuff dosn't give me the same feeling as this cd does. But I think they had something going for them.. The only thing I have a problem with, is Daniels Johns singing.. But that was what the 90's were all about doing the grunge thing.

Original Release date June 20 1995

Silverchair are one of the most acclaimed and successful Australian bands of all time. They have won more ARIA Awards than any other artist and they have enjoyed more #1 albums than any other band in Australian music history. They have sold more than six million albums around the world.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Re: Silverchair~ Frogstomp

This is a good album, so is Freak Show, I detested everything Silverchair did afterwards.

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score

This is a good album, so is Freak Show, I detested everything Silverchair did afterwards.

I agree with you Riff.. I had them as a friend on My Space and when they beefed up their new release I was way disappointed.. Nothing like their first..

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Loved the song Pure Massacre and Israels Son. Thats some good grunge rock.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

I like Frogstomp but am not too wild about their other albums.

I would give this album a 3.5/5.

The overall mood of Frogstomp is kinda dark, with the deep guitars and all :grinthumb

sco703

Reaction score

It's not a bad album, especially considering they were only teenagers when they wrote and released this. I really don't listen to this very often, but every now and then it's not bad to listen to a song or two. I don't think it's amazing, but it's not bad. Freak Show was ok and Neon Ballroom has a few songs I like. I need to check out Diorama. Young Modern I'm pretty sure I'll pass up.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

It's not a bad album, especially considering they were only teenagers when they wrote and released this. I really don't listen to this very often, but every now and then it's not bad to listen to a song or two. I don't think it's amazing, but it's not bad. Freak Show was ok and Neon Ballroom has a few songs I like. I need to check out Diorama. Young Modern I'm pretty sure I'll pass up.

Diorama is the one I personally think is their best by far dude! :grinthumb Definitely check it out! :cheers2

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score

Silverchair and this album in particular are revered in Australia, so much so that Frogstomp placed 2nd in Triple J's Hottest 100 albums of all time! Not bad for 15 year olds ;)

sco703

Reaction score

Diorama is the one I personally think is their best by far dude! :grinthumb Definitely check it out! :cheers2

I've been meaning to give it a listen so thanks for the extra push.

Silverchair and this album in particular are revered in Australia, so much so that Frogstomp placed 2nd in Triple J's Hottest 100 albums of all time! Not bad for 15 year olds ;)

Yeah, for 15 year olds it's pretty damn good. I was just saying how when compared with my favorite albums, it doesn't really place. But it definitely has some good tracks on it.

Khor1255

Reaction score
One of the albums that made me think that rock was on it's way back in the 90s. Really good songs. Israel's Son, Pure Massacre and even the one they played on the radio are really very good. I was massively dissapointed to see this band didn't live up to the potential expressed on this album.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Staff online

Members online