Sigur Ros (Official Thread)

Mistral Wind

Reaction score
Kveikur, titletrack and new single of the forthcoming Album.

Well, considering this, I've liked 3 singles out of 3... I guess I'm going to love the new album.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Bumping this thread cause I was thinking about Hoppipolla today....just came to mind and had to think about it for a minute or so

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score
Kveikur, titletrack and new single of the forthcoming Album.

Well, considering this, I've liked 3 singles out of 3... I guess I'm going to love the new album.

I thought Kveikur was another great album by Sigur Ros. Sigur Ros continues to convey dark catchy post rock. Each album always seems to draw the listener in and rip them open by the end.

"Let’s light up the fuses and Annotaterun
Cover our ears, shut our eyes tight
The noise cuts our ears, the eardrums leak
Our eyes covered in black smoke
Our palms burned to bone scorched
We disappear into the horizon"

Mistral Wind

Reaction score
I agree! There was something epic about the first three albums.
The last three are quality albums... but you can feel the lack of that something more, though there are some tracks like Varud, Hrafntinna, Ara Batur or Illgresi, which are worth of the early Sigur Ros.

Mistral Wind

Reaction score
On December 4th, Sigur Ròs have released their new album Odin's Raven Magic.
I've listened to it and it's a really good orchestral album... it's Sigur Ros at their best.
The only sad thing is that these tracks were created in the early 2000s for a concert and they were never published till now. So, if it's just logical that the album is good, it's also sad that we're not getting recent-created material.
However, I'm happy that Kjartan was/is part of this project... and I hope he can join the band again, in the future (his solo work is stunning, by the way).
Lyrically, the work is the readaptation of a poem named Hrafnagaldr Óðins (that is inspired by the stories of the Edda).

Mistral Wind

Reaction score
I have some good news for those who like this band!
On their Facebook and Instagram pages, Sigur Ros have posted pictures of them back together (Kjartan has come back!) and pictures of them working to new music in a London studio right now...
So, I hope for a new album and a new tour! Maybe towards the end of the year?
Most of all, I very happy Kjartan Sveinsson is in the band again! The last album they did - without him - was Kveikur... and I like it, but you can "feel" the absence of Kjartan, because the songs - even if good - were less majestic. He was the only member who studied at a conservatoire and you could hear it in the Sigur Ros' previous compositions.
I look forward for the new album!

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online