Shred Metal

Unlimited Power

Reaction score
I'm on a Shrapnel Records high(especially Racer X) these days and was wondering if any of you guys are into some of these cult acts?

Some of my favorites include:

Jennifer Batten - Above Below And Beyond
Jason Becker - Perpetual Burn
Buckethead - Bucketheadland & Giant Robot
Cacophony - Speed Metal Symphony ‎& Get Off!
Marty Friedman - Dragon's Kiss
Tony McAlpine - Edge of Insanity
Vinnie Moore - Mind's Eye
Racer X - Street Lethal, Second Heat & Technical Difficulties

etc etc.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I like:

Perpetual Burn - Jason Becker
Greg Howe - Greg Howe
Richie Kotzen - Richie Kotzen
Let The Truth Be Known - Souls of We (George Lynch)
Rick Derringer has a bunch of albums under the Shrapnel Label that are decent.

that's all I can think of right now...........

Unlimited Power

Reaction score
Cool that you mentioned Kotzen and Howe. I've been wanting to check them both out but forgot their names. Thanks!

Metal Head Mike

Reaction score
Great Music listed here. I own all these albums. But really enjoy Tony Macalpine Edge Of Insanity & Vinnie Moore Minds Eye

Rock Candy

Rock 'n' Roll Doctor
Reaction score
Joey Tafolla's debut album is pretty good, if not fairly derivative. Gilbert and MacAlpine both chip into Out of the Sun, so it's well worth getting (Though chances are you're aware of this one). I don't have his second album, Infra-Blue, but I understand it's more in the vein of Satriani than anything else.

Lanny Cordola (Giuffria, House of Lords, Magdallan) is another very good guitar player who doesn't really get mentioned very often. His first few solo albums are stylistically very schizophrenic (Shrapnel style shred, to gospel blues, to Di Meola-esque jazz-fusion and beyond), but well worth taking the time to listen to if you can find a copy. I can't see any fans of the Shrapnel kids not liking him, honestly.

And if you like Racer X and Cacophony, I can't see you disliking Apocrypha. Marty Friedman produced their first two albums (Which were both out of print until Shrapnel reissued them recently), so you probably already know what to expect. Tony Fredianelli (sp?) would later go on to play guitar for Third Eye Blind, thus proving that even incredible guitarists have to eat!

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
I've always loved Chris Impellitteri. Regardless of who the vocalist was, but his best stuff was with Rob Rock (singer not producer).

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Members online