Shawn Lane (Official Thread)

polarade749

Reaction score
Shawn lane March-21-1963 to september-26-2003 was an American musician that was best known for his guitar playing. Shawn started playing guitar at eight years old. practicing seriously until the age of thirteen. By the time he was sixteen his technique was fully developed. Shawn landed a gig with Black Oak Arkansas in 1977, Playing sold out arenas and stadiums with the band. In 1979 Shawn left BOA and started playing more jazz fusion type music after seeing an Allan Holdsworth concert, who was a big influence on him. In 1992 his first record Powers of Ten was released on Warner brothers records. The record did well in sales and in acclaim winning awards in several magazines Guitar Player's best new talent and second in keyboard magazines best new keyboard player award. After the supporting tour for the album shawn recorded a second album that was turned down by Warner Brothers. Shawn did release two more solo albums The Tri-Tone Fascination and Powers of Ten (live). Shawn worked with bassist jonas hellborg from 1995 until his untimely death in 2003

Official Website

1992: "West Side Boogie"
1992: Powers of Ten
1999: The Tri-Tone Fascination
2001: Powers of Ten; Live!
2006: Powers of Ten

Last edited:

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Hey man, I'm really liking this. I know you've mentioned him to me on more than one occasion. It's really chill to listen to and a lot of emotion comes out in his playing. :cheers2

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Very cool and very smooth sounds. I added your thread to the index here and made it an official thread. Tossed in a website and solo discography for you too.

Yeah what a talent and different type of sound in the 90's. With Black Oak Arkansas Shawn was like 14 :pullhair:

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
Like MP said this sounds really smooth and the man really works the fretboard. I'll have to look a bit deeper into this music.:cheers2

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online

No members online now.