Register to remove these ads

Share your thoughts.........

Discussion in 'Graveyard' started by doswizard, Feb 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doswizard

doswizard "That Which does Not Kill Us makes Us Stronger!"

I am not entirely sure, but I believe they determine the weight of a proton by it's mass.

"An outstanding mystery of particle physics is why the various subatomic particles have the masses they do. The proton, for example, weighs 1,836 times as much as the electron. Why 1,836? Nobody knows."

Quoted from 'The Matter Myth' - Paul Davies and John Gribbin

Now if this isn't the definition of weirdness, I don't know what is. Not only would we need to travel at faster than light speed, but we would also need to break the warp barrier in order to prevent time dilation. That's why Einstein was so quick to dismiss space travel as impractical. He saw us returning from our adventures and finding everyone else had aged rapidly whilst we were basically the same age as we were upon leaving. I'm sure someone will figure out a way to redefine relativity. I've been working on it as well, but am more into time travel itself.

The key to traveling in hyperspace is to realize that it is a microcosm. It is similar to suddenly shrinking down to a smaller size as for example in 'Alice in Wonderland.' When we return to normal space we suddenly find ourselves expanding. It's not like that with the de-materialization of 'Doctor Who.' Whilst traveling through this microcosm, we can increase our speed relatively without the danger of time dilation when returning to normal space. We can make up for the lost time so to speak because we are basically converting light years into miles on a microcosmic scale. That's my best guess. It's almost like being in 'Narnia' where time passes at a different rate than the ordinary world. I don't know for sure. It's a strange magic. I have been thinking that the way to accomplish this is through electrifying the hull itself. If the entire hull was of a superconductive material, it could withstand the inertia of warp speed through becoming it's own electromagnetic protective bubble. I'll be willing to bet that this is how flying saucers are built. They must use some sort of super alloy for the hull itself.

Use your Imagination.........

2. doswizard

Emotions can become complex if allowed. The source is none other than the Way; or the Tao. This is something I have considered deeply. The Way is that of balance, of refraining from taking part in the struggle between the light and the dark. It is practically impossible given our human condition, but somehow the Tao continues to flow for eternity. It is being in touch with the Way, or rather becoming at one with the Way that will assert a balance in these emotions which even we ourselves do not fully understand.

Furthermore, I believe that Christ is synonymous with the Tao; they are the same, as is Quality. It's simple. The victory of light over darkness is simply dominance over submission. Eventually however, the light must submit to the darkness, that is the way of things.

I was thinking last night about how Robert M. Pirsig; author of 'Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance' might have arrived at some of his conclusions regarding Quality. It occurred to me whilst reading an essay by Immanuel Kant on ethics; that Robert must have been devouring Western philosophy and perceiving a certain romantic undercurrent. He must also have been seeing something classically beautiful as well. These two aspects of philosophy didn't seem to match or fit each other and he was noticing the same split in the everyday world around him. I think what brought it all together for him was his experience in molecular biology. He was probably thinking that these two qualities of philosophy were like entirely different subjects, but when looked at objectively were actually merely separate aspects of a singular process. By using an object such as a motorcycle and placing both romantic and classical notions upon it's form he was able to perceive that it was an entire whole. The motorcycle became at once a beautiful object upon the surface romantically and also a classically beautiful machine. Going further still, he used his lab experience to distinguish that although the motorcycle has separate qualities such as color, size and weight, it was also of good quality all around. He couldn't explain what this good quality was because it was only a notion, but he could give the separate qualities each their own individual good quality, thus making the entire motorcycle one whole Quality. This Quality seemed to mirror what was being thought of in Oriental philosophy as the Tao or the source from which all else springs. It was when he noticed that “quality” is only apparent when the subject becomes fully aware of the object, that the motorcycle was no longer perceived by him as a subjective/objective dilemma, but rather; an ongoing process of Quality itself.

I'm a big fan of David Hume, but whilst reading Kant I noticed that there were many similarities in these two philosophers. Kant uses terms such as Empiricism with a romantic flourish. This means he must have been appreciative of what Hume had done, but was trying to save Empiricism from it's own self devouring logic. Kant's crystal clear notion of “Pure Reason” as being rational is the beginning of what we think of in modern day philosophy as a totality of awareness. An Empirical philosophy was not enough for Kant, he needed to stretch the idea of a priori awareness to an extent where it absolutely could not be doubted within reason.

It is far too simple to say that “Pure Reason” is God. “Pure Reason” is more like the mind of man within God; utterly and entirely aware of the whole process of existence. So I'm thinking that although Kant didn't completely agree with Hume, he also did not entirely disagree. These are not actually two separate schools of philosophy, but rather two different philosophers building upon the same philosophy. This is why I get the feeling that one should not state that either is right or wrong, but should be able to appreciate each within their own right. Both Kant and Hume are difficult to follow, but when summarizing their works it seems best to notice that both have certain Classic and Romantic notions about reality. The “Pure Reason” of Kant gives credit to Humes' Empirical notions. In the same fashion, Robert M. Pirsig gives credit to both philosophers in a sort of philosophical web of his own weaving. This I believe is how we should treat each other when discussing Philosophy. We should give credit first to one another before entirely dismissing notions that seem at first in disagreement with at odds with our own perception.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2018
  3. doswizard

I've been given some time to think a lot and normally I would be fully charged, but I wanted to shift into the next gear involving emotional response. There is a feeling of paralysis when I cope with certain social restrictions involving family, friends, coworkers, strangers, etc. We have nothing to say concerning some social restrictions imposed upon us by the boundaries set by the Society surrounding us. Is this inherent in our Nature or merely a Symptom of something Beyond that which we can comprehend?

image.jpg

choice.jpg

4. doswizard

Stunning as it is, I love revisiting Old material. It teaches us all as writers how to correct our mistakes and think more like ourselves! :)

I suppose what I am driving at is that the human heart is like a coin that can be flipped. There are two sides to everyone's heart and hopefully we are winning rather than losing when taking emotional gambles. I think the obsessive/compulsive quality of some personalities is due to the fact that people are addicted to gambling with the human heart. Pleasure seems almost like a game to some of us and I suppose that if one was a child, things would seem that simple. As we grow older and mature however we realize that life is not a game and there are always consequences for our decisions. Once these decisions begin to shape who we are, we begin to get deeper into the roots of psychological development. If it is agreed that people all experience the same emotions, but react differently to them, it is easy to see how people might get stuck in some ways when it comes to fear, anger, love, etc.

Everyone defines these things differently, but the feelings are mutual. In fact, when I am surrounded by other people I can feel their emotions more easily than I can detect their thoughts. The more people there are, the "louder" the emotional contact becomes and at some point it can disrupt my ordinary awareness.

This is what makes me suspect that emotion is some kind of form that energy takes. Perhaps it's just me, but I've noticed that some people don't want to learn from their mistakes. It could be that they are so ashamed of having made the mistake that they insist nothing is wrong and tend to let others make mistakes on their account. It is almost a sort of codependent awareness that there is a problem, but the relationship somehow becomes lopsided much like an ugly cake that was not baked properly. This is sad. I suppose I should be more understanding, but that doesn't mean I have to like it. It just adds to all of the rest of the unfairness in the world and contributes nothing; but to the selfishness of the individual too ashamed to admit they fouled up.

Now it is easy to see why anger becomes such an important factor in our decision making ability. It is one of the most primal and powerful of all the emotions. People say that all you need is love, but strike a misbehaving cat and that cat will become angry and hiss. What can I do? That cat was acting badly. It will get over it, but it momentarily experiences flashes of anger which could be noted as very similar to the human complement. So, you see. It is not always simple to contain emotion when we are living in an environment that utterly depends upon survival of the fittest. In the human realm, the fittest are those who are most capable of making decisions for the masses. It is like a herd of buffalo. They all stick together, but there is always a head bull that stands out and is influential over the entire herd.

So in any social grouping of people, these individuals are constantly under the subconscious influence of decisions made by the most powerful members of our species. Think about it. Humanity dominates the globe. We are no longer prey to any other organism other than ourselves. We seem to be constantly striving to "thin" out the herd anyway. Perhaps that is only human nature. There are always wolves at the door, but we seem to have forgotten those wolves are part of a natural cycle. I think that instead of blaming one another for the overall weakness of the whole, we should instead concentrate on those subconscious forces that are influencing our daily judgmental ability in order to retain any sanity.

After finishing one particularly horrifying book about religion last night, I was struck by the fact that I am just one man. Jesus asks, "Who do you say that I am?" of one of his Apostles. The Apostle answers, "You are the Christ. Son of the Living God." This answer simplifies the predicament of identity. It simply states that there is no doubt Jesus is the Christ. Jesus does not wish to be worshiped, but rather for all to acknowledge the supremacy of the living God.

And so I say to myself, I am but one man. How can I help enlighten a Hell bent world? The answer occurred to me simply and beautifully. It is not my position to be the savior. The only one true savior is the Christ, Son of the Living God. When people turn to Christ, they will achieve the salvation that I have always tried helping them achieve. It is not my business to change others, but only to look to Christ for salvation. Even if Christ and I were the only two people in the world, the answer would be the same.

5. Southern Comfort

Southern Comfort Long Hair Tribe

Well.. A recent thought I have been considering is in the realm of what certain people would label "Conspiracy Thinking" But I get the feeling that all this social media stuff is most likely a way of following everyone's thinking on political matters or just observing where conversations go about anything political. More or less a tool to bring out how people feel about things going on.
    People on the social sites spill their guts and talk freely about things and I believe it educate governments on just how people feel about crap they want to keep an eye on.

Censorship on you tube is against the first amendment but Google sneeks around that by making you "AGREE" under the terms of service you have to check before your allowed to just upload video's that they say are not friendly to the advertisement agencies using there site to sell stuff.
    Under that terms of service your video's are either allowed or removed
    So if you want to know about something controversial, chances are it's not going to be offered to the public.
    My point is.. maybe it's not a good thing to just open up everyone's lives on social media platforms and maybe keep things alot more secret so we are not just considered stupid sheep.

I'm getting older and maybe a little paranoid after checking out video's on you tube about issues that alarm me.
    These video's can be fictional but in the same since, Proof is out there and most main street news media's keep that stuff hidden.
    Blah.. Blah... BLAH!!

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
  6. doswizard

Chill out!

1984 is History!

They make it part of a Super Bowl advertisement?

Who wants to be a part of That?

:flirt

7. doswizard

I've been asleep for quite some time, but it makes no difference.....

Now I'm Awake!

:cheers2

8. doswizard

Starting from scratch is a difficult process; it involves an emotional and mental intensity that only a young and fresh mind can comprehend. I am starting over from scratch and beginning to adjust to the idea that this might not be the only possible outlet for my thinking process; although I do appreciate the views.

9. doswizard

Pioneering Reasons....

The Pursuit of Meaning in a Meaningless World

We all have different sorts of reasons for behaving in the ways that we do, but no two reasons are ever truly the same. We can of course agree upon a certain goal, but will always differ concerning the reasons for reaching that particular goal. Even when it is as simple as a personal goal; we sometimes argue amongst ourselves over the proper reasons for doing certain things in certain ways and not in others. I suspect that this is an improper approach to the fulfillment of our needs and desires. It seems almost retroactive to the accomplishment of our set goals. After all, what is a set goal without proper reasoning concerning the accomplishment of it? This question strikes to the very core of the issue at hand whilst in pursuit of meaning involved with the reasons for the things that we do.

Hard at Work as a Writer!

Whew! :cheers:

10. doswizard

Often times in the past we have done things carefree and without reason and this seemed to be the most fulfilling moments of our lives; however, when we have reasons for doing these things, they seem much more satisfying on the whole. What we are really searching for is some sort of feedback either from ourselves or others about whether or not we are doing these things for the right reasons. It is a simple, puzzling state of confusion that causes us to lose track of these reasons on a daily basis. Perhaps it is a memory out of place, or a comment made by others; but soon enough we will become distracted from the original purpose, reason or goal we had in mind for continuing the pursuit.

:good

[​IMG]

Perhaps pioneering a 'Reason' is the most objectively important goal of all?

:confused:

Last edited: Feb 3, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.