Share your thoughts.........

Discussion in 'Off Topic Abyss' started by doswizard, Feb 14, 2018.

1. BikerDude

BikerDude Dude

2. BikerDude

BikerDude Dude

Tits and guns trumps any environmental concerns.

Slick Willie likes this.
  3. BikerDude

BikerDude Dude

Well based on the video he is complaining about the whole red pill/black pill thing.
    It seems like these guys like Stephan are caught up in that dynamic.
    It's not that people haven't been "enlightened" or that they need to take a different pill.
    It's that they just don't agree. They are clear headed. They just think he's a know it all blow hard.
    It's not that they haven't "awaken".
    That's the constant wagging of the finger sort of thing that the left constantly engages in.
    Talking down to all those people too ignorant to see their superiority.
    They just can't deal with the idea that intelligent people don't accept their bullshit.
    Typically they react like children with name calling.

4. doswizard

doswizard "That Which does Not Kill Us makes Us Stronger!"

I'm not that good of a writer. I can't help but be self absorbed. It is very difficult to think at the level I am striving towards and communicate to others. I'm sorry.

I am however, for the most part self absorbed and boring, but that's alright with me.

I'm a great navigator. I talk about all sorts of things to all sorts of people, but always return to the Map.

5. BikerDude

BikerDude Dude

Has anyone "professional" ever perused your writings?
    They seem remarkably disturbed.
    I mean typically when you open a thread to "share your thoughts" you end up with a typical discussion of current affairs, politics etc etc.
    Not an ongoing deep dive into someone's seemingly disturbed inner workings. I'm struck by how much it all resembles the notebooks found in John Doe's apartment in the movie seven.

6. doswizard

I know, it's just a thread like any other. I see where you are coming from, but why not express whatever it is that is disturbing within your own mind?

I wrote this material years ago and would like to hold on to a steady form of thought. Form is not material. It can become in the abstract; the essence of ones own dreams.

If talking to myself is disturbing to you, why not go somewhere else? o_O

7. doswizard

and furthermore......

This is just so much more sophistry. I don't mean to appear saintly, but wisdom will prevail. Remember always the trial of Socrates when you approach any subject concerning debate over rhetoric. I don't believe in an eternal state of bliss. It is what it is, now, there or forever after. I think all of this political rhetoric is adding more fuel to the "crazy" fire. Sure, that guy who went off in Arizona may have already been ready to pop, but apparently he did not choose his victims at random. He wanted to make his mark in the world of politics and the worse thing is that now we'll probably see a string of "copy cat" crimes, hence forcing the government to buckle down security even tighter. No one is pointing the blame here, I'm only suggesting that rather than slinging mud in a debate, the politicians would be wiser to sort through the truly divisive issues and demonstrate to people that they really can make a difference. This would restore faith in our government and our national values.
    Speaking of national values, I've noticed that a trend of media created issues seems to grab peoples' attention more quickly than any boardroom talk ever would. Perhaps that's why government allows this sort of thing to occur. We should however be more careful, because the children of today are the leaders of tomorrow and we are shaping them in ways that we don't quite properly understand as of yet. If I was a kid today being bombarded by all of this scandal, controversy and violence, I would definitely be a tad more critical of the previous generation. We haven't witnessed this sort of attitude since back in the 1960's when it was uncool to trust anyone over thirty years of age. How long before groups of angry youths begin protesting and rioting just like they did during the war in Vietnam ?
    Even though freedom of religion is the foundation of our national standard here in the United States, I think that the "fundamentalists" are getting way out of control. They started back at the Turn of the 20th century not too long after the American Civil War and actually were quite charitable, but now that they have gained such a powerful foothold in the native consciousness of average citizens, they are exploiting their power and radically abusing the rights of ordinary individuals. Rather than turn to the church or to God, people are now looking for more and more distractions in order to numb the nullifying sense that the world is headed for a catastrophe on an apocalyptic scale. Do you really think a bunch of finger pointing, flag waving "fundamentalists" are going to stop people from going berserk when things are obviously getting this far out of hand?
    A true separation between state and religion is something that is still in it's infancy. During the days of Caesar Augustus when Jesus walked the Earth under the reign of the Roman Empire, such a division was unheard of. They made no distinction whatsoever between state and religion because the Emperor was literally viewed by the republic as the Son of the Divine One; or the Son of a god. And there was a decree that all of the world should be taxed. Now, how does that make one feel about a modern separation between state and church? Is it even feasible at this point in time?

I tried so hard not to get into a religious debate with someone who does not believe in God, but oh well...

8. doswizard

Okay, rather than share all of my writing; I will share my thoughts........

Thank You! :clap:

This is just such a warm and comfortable Forum and I am so glad to be a part of all of this Creativity I see surrounding the entire 'community' of our members!

Rock On and !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Holidays!

merry_christmas_1_6056333.gif

9. doswizard

Decided to Share some more of my thoughts....

Read carefully, because a whole lot of energy was put into these words! ;)

I know it is time to acknowledge certain desires. The point is where are you tomorrow? Come on, let's experiment! Quality comes only with time. I really like this train of thought. It demonstrates active reflection on our part. It's so difficult to find moments for reflection. Good job!
    I have tried over and over to demonstrate the "difference" and have found that it is only discovered through intimacy. When we touch something, we are automatically affected on the most sublime of levels and only through experience do we discover which sensations will gratify our true needs. On account of the desire, well that is a given thing. It's like having a natural appetite, but we can learn to curb our cravings through patience. There is no real punishment other than guilt. The real trick is learning to live with the consequences of our actions without looking back. Reflection does not necessarily require feeling any emotional involvement with our past, although our ego would like us to think otherwise.
    Being happy can be superficial on the surface, but it is obviously the most gratifying of all sensations.

Well, who can you trust? Honestly, look deep inside your heart of hearts. Who can you trust? Me, I trust in Christ. Those who look back remain the pillars of salt, so they say. From the ashes, a new phoenix will arise and all will seem to make sense, if only for a moment. Live with that moment and be not frightened to let it go. What are we but mere players upon the stage of existence at any rate?

One sees an almost Biblical significance to these warnings. We cannot but help to hold our breath in anticipation of the forthcoming Apocalypse. Whether it be next Autumn or the following, there seems to be some level of humanity which prefers to remain ignorant to the fact. Perhaps it is as simple as the fear of death, I do not know. Annihilation of our existence is a necessary part of spiritual development. I do not know why so many people have a such hard time accepting the end, but denying it's reality is completely and utterly futile. When the atomic bombs begin to fall upon this wretched Earth, are we to look back upon ourselves and become mere pillars of salt?
    This is how God works. God sees through to the end, the utter eradication of each and every form of evil, even though this may in itself seem like the incarnation of evil. The trouble is with judgment. We as humans were not meant to judge one another, yet I see this occurring on a daily basis. There is nothing so satisfying as justified anger or vengeance, but we must be patient. It's not like we will not be fulfilled by the vindication, but we must not hurry the results. We must remain ever vigilant and put our trust in the duty of our fellow believers, even if we ourselves are consumed with doubt. These doubts are but the mere seeds of ignorance hoping to flourish once again in a new soil. How futile would it be for us to attack without mercy a disease for which there is no Cure?
    And yet this is how our scientists spend their days. It would be much wiser to reach down to the animal level and satiate the beast within. Most children will shy from loud explosions won't they? It is the same with the wisdom of adulthood. I know when my Father has had enough and this in itself is a form of satisfaction. Why push my luck with the brother of the same Father? Moreover, the biggest fool in the world can run about shouting that the sun is shining and this does not make it dark outside. It is the same with Revelations.

Intimacy is a funny thing. Sometimes we want it, sometimes we don't. More often than not, after animal hunger is satiated; we don't. Affection is very different from intimacy. I say this all because it correlates to Buddhism and the freedom from desire. How closely intimacy and desire are mixed is of such a higher echelon of sublimation that it is not even worthy of remarking upon. When life gets that far fetched; people begin searching for themselves. That is the way of things and I wish you all freedom from these ever persistent "intimacies" with superficial and shallow entities. That is how "sensitive" I myself have become.

I am reminded of Alan Watts book 'Does it Matter?' He absolutely demolished futuristic idealism. Yea!
    Good for counterculture. Alan ventured as far as ascertaining that we might become mere "digital" replications of our own fantasies perpetuating into infinity. This mirrors the same line of thinking in Philip K. Dicks' - 'Do Androids dream of Electric Sheep' I don't want to see that future, but am at pains to remain human and physically capable of pain. When I was very young, this futuristic "Android" like personality may have fitted, but I have since realized that androids like Data in Star Trek need to feel pain. Who knows why?

Well, it looks as though the feeble attempts at "brainwashing" me have failed once again. I am still me and I feel me all over. That's the thing about society. It always intrudes on who you are trying to become through it's constant need for attention. I had plenty of time this weekend to overcome my doubts and allow room for reflection. I think this is probably one of the most important things to do after we have overcome a huge obstacle and are left somewhat bored with the results. The only way to flush it out of our system is to allow huge amounts of time for reflection. After all, what others call wasting time is for yourself an entirely different concept. It is vital that we not be too hard on ourselves when we are feeling overly sensitive to the big picture.

Moving on; once the pattern has been "fixed" and we are sure of our direction, we can begin pushing with a sort of blind effort towards the inevitable result. We need only trust in ourselves and even when ideas grab for our attention, it is a simply a matter of ignoring them and continuing on full steam ahead. Only when it feels as though an obstacle were directly in our path need we hesitate and reassert our trust. I have been waking up lately as though someone or something was making a huge effort to "scramble" my thoughts and lead me astray into a daydream of ignorance. I know this is not my natural habitat and am very confused as to the motive of this "brainwashing." It's not like I can't accept the horrible truth you know, it's like something else wants me to forget about it. I don't forget, though. If I forgot everything, I never would have learned as much as I have. I know that there will be good and bad times, hard ones and easy ones. I shouldn't have to fight some "invisible" force in society which wants to erase the suffering and ease the pain. I can do that in my own sweet time.

At any rate, the bottom line is that I am somewhat conservative with my energy. It is not out of fear, but rather, I know when I am running out of mental steam and need to stoke the fire in ways which involve both emotional and physical activity. It's the same thing with an athlete and their adrenaline rush. We will have a "rush" of intellectual ideas, but we needn't try to focus them into a common goal. That is what the subconsciousness and dreams are for. This is why I am so aggravated upon waking up to find that something is trying to erase my mind. My subconscious is working overtime to get things "straight" and here I find that something else is leading me astray. Ah, well. At least I am the final victor.
    Please believe, these moments will come and go. You will always be at sanctuary in your mind when mature enough to quell the physical and control the emotional. I feel sorry for people who think life is only a game. It's a game and then some; including worldwide terrorism and a capitalist regime that will remain the "guinea" pig of all governmental factions in the future!

Merry Christmas everyone!

:mx:

10. doswizard

I know it is difficult to live with spiritual changes, but on the whole we are developing a more expansive level of understanding the individual needs of every day people.

Society is not quite mature enough to assume that every cat is the same and can be regarded as a cat.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]