Share your thoughts.........

Discussion in 'Off Topic Abyss' started by doswizard, Feb 14, 2018.

1. doswizard

doswizard "That Which does Not Kill Us makes Us Stronger!"

Yes, we are being slowly brainwashed by the insensitivity of those around. I used to think it was only me, but now I know for a fact that most people simply cannot hear the "music." It's horrifying, but this morbid sense of despair and utter isolation stems from the fact that we are living in a society which nobody needs, yet we perpetuate it's existence with generation after generation of hypnotized zombies.
    Turn the channel on the television, it won't matter. It will always be the same old crap. The only thing human we have left at times is our own sense of dignity within this cage of insecurity. The United States of America used to be someplace special where people would rush towards freedom in order to escape oppression. Nowadays we are the same as the rest of world. I suppose it was inevitable, but this doesn't make it any easier to accept.
    The safest place to stay would be in in that heart of hearts which knows that change is inevitable. Progress can be slow, but it always occurs. This topic brings me way back to the beginning when I began discussing patience. There is a time for patience and a time for aggressive action. We need merely to learn a careful balance or blend of these two. Haven't we ever noticed how much better coffee tastes when using a blend of beans rather than just one kind? Right now I am drinking 100% Colombian and this is one of those rare exceptions, but perhaps even Colombians' use a blend of different coffee beans. The point is, we need to know our own pain threshold and hold tight to a sense of security else we risk hurting the ones we love the most. I don't always feel like contributing to this train of thought, but I don't see this as a bad reflection upon myself. I have been put through numerous tests in life which have shaken the philosophical ground beneath my feet. I always prefer putting on a happy face, even when times are rough, but it isn't easy.

On another note there has always been an aura of violence surrounding elections. The only difference is that nowadays it is being publicized. During the roaring twenties, racketeers used to beat up voters in the streets. These political bullies don't frighten me. I know it's all a deception anyway. I'm decent enough to keep my mouth shut when I don't have anything nice to say. Let someone else wash the "dirty laundry" for a change and stop being so hard on oneself. This all fits in with the grand scheme of things. One needs only to read between the lines. Even Sartre in his existential "Hell is other People" probably could not have tolerated being the only living person in the entire world. Hold or shake someones hand for awhile. It will make you feel much better, I assure you.

I gave it some more thought and figured, screw it. There should be a line drawn between conservatism and radicalism rather than between democracy and republicanism. It's obvious that both parties are slinging mud. The question is whether or not there can evolve a new form of politic which distinguishes between the two because there will always be extremists on either end of the political spectrum. We can't enforce democracy, but we also cannot control republicanism. After all, what is religion apart from extremism?

I'm a very moody person. Sometimes I prefer the humdrum and at other times I need excitement. Coffee is a must though. I like the little stimulant and kick, plus love the warmth and sweetness. Pearl likes hot chocolate instead. I'm like, Pearl! What's wrong with coffee? She just doesn't appreciate it as much as myself. On the other hand, I'm not a big cocoa freak.
    The overall trouble seems to stem from a lack of perspective. If you need more excitement in your life, you will seek it, but this is very different from drama and complaints. After realizing that there are only twenty four hours in each day and knowing my own limitations, I was at odds with society in general as to how to approach life from an optimistic perspective. It's been a struggle, from my happy go lucky days to the seriousness of my intellectual introversion. I realized that people in general find it easier to turn away from any active interest in worldly affairs.
    This is what distinguishes me as unique because I have come full circle from the days when I was reaching out to Alice Cooper almost five years ago from a lonely E-Mail address on the radio station. I knew that I needed to make a difference in the lives of others on a larger scale, but now I am coming to realize that I am only a fraction of the whole. It's been a humbling yet frustrating experience because I know the ones that I have touched remain just as perplexed about the state of affairs as myself. The world has always seemed hell bent against any kind of escape from monotony, but there are moments each and every day when time becomes meaningless and the only thing one is fighting against is internal stress.
    Don't waste your days being bored and miserable, but most of all, don't fret over tomorrow. Live today and be as kind as possible without interfering in the superficial idealizations of each others dreams. In the end, one will only end up as puzzled as myself as to why more people don't stand up and shout! The bottom line is you've gotta do what you've gotta do! Whether it is the beginning of the work week or at the end, one needs to face the music and there is not always a post or wall to lean upon. This is also what distinguishes the man or the woman from the little child inside. If we can stand up straight and face the music with all of our soul and inner heart intact, we have done the best we can and should not despair. Leave the rest of enlightenment to God or whatever other higher power one believes in.

Moreover, humanity seems to lack in the department of "civil" aggression. I think it's time we all stood up and shouted out about our grandmother! My great grandmother; the lovely Anna Chuya died on Valentine's day. God bless her soul. I never will figure out why people ignore death. Never, ever. I hope I'm not too old to enjoy freedom from misery coupled with a completely ironic lack of insensitivity. It's all a question of dying today or dying tomorrow; a weakness as far as I am concerned. Live tomorrow and die today seems so cliche.

Sure enough, people simply don't know how to let go of yesterday! I guess it's only human, but in a lot of ways it is naive as well. It may seem as though I am overly critical, but I can't seem to understand why normal conversation usually focuses around the events of tomorrow or yesterday once it gets past the subject of the weather. I used to think it was only me, but then I noticed a lot of attention grabbing behavior amongst average every day people. Do they feel like they are not getting enough? Then, on the other extreme is the cold shouldered "What the f**k are you looking at? "; which is just strictly attitude.
    Very rare are those moments when we ask "How are you doing?" and really truly, honestly mean it. This is the trap of being constantly over anxious over our eminent demise. This is definitely not a fact which should be carefully swept under the carpet. I think we should live strictly and freely in the moment with the ever persistent knowledge that it may all end tomorrow. This is the only honest way in which we can be free.

I slip all of the time. It mostly involves daydreaming, but I have enough enlightening moments to make it all seem connected. Everybody is different and we each need a special kind of attention. That is where most of the friction comes from, especially if our basic emotional needs are being interrupted or brushed aside. Perhaps always living in the moment was not meant to be a completely pain free experience, but rather a method by which a transcendental awareness can be sustained. My problem is that the left side of my brain cannot seem to understand the sloppy creativity of the right side. I lack organizational skills. If I really push myself, I can remain organized to a point, but eventually the stress gets so bad that I have to let loose. I suppose just about everybody has that problem.
    I am not discounting the fact that we need to plan for the future, but rather am trying to enhance that kind of awareness without getting lost in reverie. I no longer pine for the past and this is a good thing, but the increasing awareness of my own limitations sometimes pushes me to the brinks of intellectual insanity. This is when I zone out and don't allow a single thought or emotion to incur upon my awareness of the moment. It's a mostly physical experience and can sometimes bring with it a certain numbness.

[​IMG]

I know at times I talk around the subject, but all I am really doing is asking questions. I suppose I could 'create' a piece of writing that was a Whole, but this kind of writing leaves no Mystery in the readers mind; only questions.....

Last edited: Nov 16, 2018
  2. doswizard

I've had very little time lately, but thought I'd throw in my two cents...

I've come to the realization that obsessive/compulsive behavior can be discovered in a majority of the populace if examined closely enough. Why do we keep returning to the same thing over and over even after absolutely and finally throwing up our hands in resignation and resolution? This is something I've wanted to share with others for years and at least I've gotten the simple message across to family and friends alike. There is no simple way to explain it though, for each individual I've reached has been through a unique communication involving special circumstances.

The fact of the matter is that if something is important enough to us, we will ignore all warnings and pursue our goal in blind faith rather than give in to the demands of an unfair situation. Taking this "special" something away from someone would be like taking a Diet Coke away from Alice Cooper. Even though Alice would survive, you can bet your bottom dollar that he would be heartbroken and find a way to get back his Diet Coke fix. This is only one single example. For me, it would be like taking away my innate curiosity about the way things "tick". Saying to myself, okay Dave, no more physics because it is interfering with the rest of your life, but the rest of my life is somewhat pointless without that one "special" ingredient. Everything loses flavor when I haven't time to ponder the subtleties and nuances. It is all a bland, meaningless and incoherent mess if you know what I mean.

Although the curiosity has shifted over the years involving differing subject matter, it is still the same curiosity. This is my obsession and I know they say that curiosity killed the cat, but remember what I said about ignoring all warnings and pursuing my goal in blind faith. 'Puss in Boots' comes to mind. That cat was clever enough to fool a king. I'm not saying to throw caution to the wind. Cancer signs are naturally cautious. In fact, we are overly cautious, but if we are "cut off" without being allowed an opportunity to express our feelings, we will also remain forever heartbroken. It is as simple as that. There is no trade off. Would you compromise yourself for the sake of becoming at odds with your own values? I don't think of it at as a disorder. It is more like a temporary psychosis or neurosis. If it was a personality disorder, it would be unnoticeable in the individual from that individual's perspective, but since I know when I am obsessing and find myself in a moral quandary, I regard it as a neurosis similar to paranoia.

I cannot fully explain it in psychological terms, but I have given some pointers as to how it should be coped with. I thank God that I am not codependent. I can't handle those codependent people simply because I am so independent. It's like mixing oil and water, we just don't understand each other and so never talk it out. I have a lot of sympathy for people that have brilliant thought processes, but are incapable of expressing them in words. It is like being born mute or something. They have all of these great ideas in their head, but when you ask them to explain, they stumble. They are somehow hampered by vocabulary and are sometimes even regarded as quacks or freaks. I'm not sure if there is a solution to this disability. I suppose there are moments when I too have ideas that cannot be expressed in words or pictures, but these are derived mostly from emotion and can thus be expressed through action.

Sometimes we miss the forest for the trees. If we are looking at the details too closely, our minds get wrapped up in a blanket of confusion. We must then regard ourselves as being at the peak of the summit with our head above the clouds. Even though we cannot fully view the valley below, we have serenity in the knowledge that we too are hidden from the view of other observer's. I've found that most people when given a chance in their proper element are capable of expression. I'm not sure about their private thought processes, but I am at least able to relate to them on the level, so to speak.

Have a better day, everyone!

3. BikerDude

BikerDude Dude

"So far up his own ass....."
    Pretty much states my feeling about so many who love the lecture at others.

4. Aero

Aero Senior Member

Stephan does come off as being a pretentious know-it-all, but at least he's red-pilling people. Bill Burr, on the other hand, has taken the black pill and is resigned to just making a living commenting on the downfall of our society. And that's fine as that's what he does.

5. doswizard

Although all things appear to be occurring at the same relative temporal velocity, this is not a point in fact. The decisions of John affect Jane from a completely different yet neighboring region of space/time. It is not merely distance that separates these temporal events. It is space/time itself. To ratify the decisions made by John, Jane must move out of her region of space/time thus causing a fluctuation in the entire space/time continuum and affecting the decisions of countless others. History is not a straight line script.

MESSAGE FROM THE FUTURE:>

APPROXIMATE DATE: 2034 AD

"The wires are on the inside. I can't explain. It's like everyone has a television antenna inside of their body and they are broadcasting and receiving signals inside of some vast Utopian matrix. All thoughts are shared, yet monitored by cold, unfeeling machines which are relied upon to keep the peace. They are not judgmental, yet their need for control grows on a daily basis. I fear we may have handed the fate of mankind over to the computers. They watch us for patterns and have sentinels. They can put ideas in peoples heads and alter the patterns that they see. Things that aren't supposed to happen can be made to happen inside of this matrix. Whatever the machines want, the machines get."

This may lead to a greater understanding of Einstein's spookiest observations, those of entanglement; the way a single proton can affect another proton no matter what distance in space/time separates them. It is like how John met Jane by coincidence, yet feels compelled by a sense of “deja vu” or destiny. We are all entangled.

I've been very successful in refining the core of my machine. It has not been a so called straight path though. If I had access four years ago to the parts I now possess, history may have been a lot different. I find myself caught up in stupid anomalies that are a direct result of the technology I am dealing with. The computers are being designed for a convergence of technology, yet the competition and proprietorship of manufacturer's has led to a disturbing retro-advancement. Parts are interfering with each other to such a vast degree that I feel blessed by the integrity which has been bestowed upon me. When one designs a computer as a whole, they are inevitably forsaking any level of future development.

When one such as I assembles a computer from spare parts and gains a greater level of integrity and expandability, I begin to question the virtue of keeping up with the latest upgrade. I have been fortunate that my machine has "come together" in just the right fashion. I wouldn't have it any other way. Now I find myself working on the same exact issues of four years ago from a somewhat enlightened perspective. I stress "somewhat". I still know what is really going on, but I am more relaxed about the outcome. There are dozens of ways to accomplish the same task and it has been through trial, tears and error that I am drawing most of my more substantial conclusions.

I wanted compatibility and extendability. What I have been handed by the big corporations is incompatibility and expendability. I have overcome this obstacle through perseverance and patience. I hope everyone else too will follow their noblest dreams and aspirations. When overcome by a need to set things right; please hesitate and allow things to be, then the things that need to be set right will right themselves.

I never did trust myself that much anyway. This is where science will lose it's grip. How can we predict coincidence? And furthermore, that is all the Bible really is; an update to scripture. It is a good thing, but we should not misinterpret the past. What will the Bible be composed of in the 24th Century?

6. doswizard

[​IMG]

We can discuss numerous subjects, but carefully bite our tongues whenever approaching this subject of morality. Even if there were a religious solution, we would find ourselves arguing with philosophers and scientists alike. The question is why do we keep coming round to the same encroaching sense of doom?

Consider that there are only 24 hours in a day and everyone needs their space. Consider also that once the subject matter becomes interesting enough, a certain amount of passion ensues. Compare it to the fuel in a gas tank. If there were only 24 gallons of fuel, one would not want to spend all of it on reaching the goal. There would need to be enough fuel in the tank to reach a filling station as well. That is how I view it. Allowing enough space between ourselves to let the others discover, rather than claiming all of the glory and recognition for ourselves. I can't seem to blame that feeling of “ugh” on the ego alone though. I am always awaiting a feedback and yet consumed by my own fire all at once. It is impossible to impose strictures on this kind of writing for it reminds me of the blind passion of my earliest works.

It's also obvious that I am becoming increasingly marginalized and so must rely on a certain level of conservatism. The ideas that are flying around are somewhat scattered and I have been attempting to impose some sense of order. It's easy to neglect this kind of creativity as though it were only a mere fleeting dream, but this is truth. We come and we go. It is an endless cycle and there is no need for despair on the other person's account. Getting to know each other is important, but not everything. It is essential that we not remain fixed and smug when regarding our knowledge of the other. This will create a judgmental attitude that is nearly impossible to rid oneself of. One must remain very solemn, perhaps this is our purpose in life. It makes one wonder if we won't become so busy in our analysis that we will forget to live our lives. This is a constant predatory sense of guilt that I have always struggled with. It is the curse of the intellect. I am afraid to belittle anyone else in this matter, it only makes me seem arrogant and self righteous.

I approach the subject of morality and scripture from a somewhat self interested perspective and perhaps this is what is blocking creativity. It is a huge clot or clump of mud so to speak. We waste so much time in our daily lives. It is important to have a place to return to or at least a filling station for our fuel tanks. It's no good to say goodbye when we are merely beginning to understand. What should be stressed is that time is important to each and every one of us. Never waste the time of those you care for, and try not to become so self involved that all one hears is the echo of ones own nagging doubts and speculations.

Might I add that what I have been considering also is the quality of this morality. If the quality of the morality is bad or even relative, we will get what could be considered immorality. Now, rationality also plays into the picture. One can rationalize good or bad behavior to the point at which it disrupts pure quality. So rationality is not always an easy solution from a purely relativistic stance; for example; husband argues with wife. We all have the need for rationality, but it should not be our basis for morality because it is basically untrustworthy.

Now on a spiritual note, what I consider to be a higher being or God is summarized in the awareness of a pure quality moment. I know that it is difficult to conceive of God as so grotesquely human, but we have to remember that God is also an invention of the human psyche that has been developed in order to counteract the unknown.

Remember what David Hume said about the human soul on his death bed - "Cast it to the Flames."

johnlocke.jpg

7. doswizard

I'm not much for writing fiction, but love reading it. Some writers have an inner muse that can blend the worlds of fantasy and fact into one. I hope someday to achieve that level of Creativity! :p

Writing a story uses up all of one's imagination. One thinks about nothing else in their spare time other than how the story is going. One needs to become so involved with the telling of the tale that it takes on a life of it's own within the writer's mind. This is when the imagination really kicks into gear and the ideas start flowing. One also needs to be willing to scrap a lot of ideas and keep on practicing the writing itself. Many stories will never reach completion. They are like an artists' sketches, but they are good only for practice. Once the story really begins to flow, one won't be able to stop writing it.

The best way to approach it is to routinely allow oneself a certain time of the day in which to work on the story. Allow oneself only a certain amount of time. Don't get carried away and don't try to imitate others when coming up with ideas. The best way to begin a story is from a completely ignorant perspective. The first words you type don't necessarily need to be the first chapter. Don't get hung up on plot and narrative. Simply allow the story to tell itself. Somewhere locked deep inside of one's mind is the mystery of the human imagination. Children are born with a very vivid imagination, but we tend to lose that imagination as we grow older and begin taking on more and more responsibility.

I have been doing a lot of heavy research recently and so have little time to write good prose, but I can remember spending years without writing a single word and then one day cranking out tons of material. So the material is in there somewhere, one simply needs to allow it to develop. And one needn't go to school to learn writing, although it can put one in touch with other writer's who are experiencing the same level of difficulty. I never took anything more than High School English courses, but right away I could notice a trend of pedantic behavior. They want one to write like one is supposed to, but most of histories greatest works have been accomplished through thinking outside of this box. A writer's style is similar to the way in which one rides a bicycle. There is no wrong way to do it. The style is simply an extension of one's own particular personality and of course, one will have one's own opinions and notions about what works and what doesn't. The toughest obstacle to writing is ones own self esteem. I have a natural ability to express through writing. It is the one gift I treasure above all the rest.

I am not envious of other artist's simply because I cannot draw as well, or play a musical instrument. The important thing is that one uses a naturally creative outlet for their talent. Writing is so important to me because when people read and when I myself read, we can begin to have a greater understanding of exactly how the human mind thinks about ideas. It can also be a concrete form of expressing history itself when allowed.

A painting of a mountain is not merely a painting. It is a vivid expression of our need to conquer that mountain or on the other hand, to simply let it be. The mountain itself is beautiful in the fact that it has been captured on the canvass and can remind us of that moment in time when we experienced similar beauty. It is a reference reminiscent of the cave drawings of primitive man. It was a way of understanding the beauty of the world in which we live.

8. doswizard

I've gone too far, even for my own good. A lot of energy has been put into my writing and it is Time to start Over! Thank you all for being a sounding block. Sometimes that is all we need in order to get started as Artists; an audience.

Don't be shy, this thread is not dead, but my thoughts on the whole have become a mass of confusion and I am searching for Illumination beyond words.

No worries, I'll be hard at it Tomorrow morning. ;)

9. BikerDude

BikerDude Dude

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
  10. BikerDude

BikerDude Dude

Not to be a dick but it seems like the subject is always you.
    You seem to be completely self absorbed.
    You alternate between talking about yourself and giving advice to others with an obvious air of being some sort of sage.
    For page after page after page...........................