1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Share your thoughts.........

Discussion in 'Graveyard' started by doswizard, Feb 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lynch

Lynch I'm just here for the cookies!

I'm curious why you always go out of your way to change your font to black. You do know that black is the default, right?

The reason that I bring it up is because for anyone using the dark theme here, it makes your posts nearly impossible to read:

upload_2018-3-19_21-20-8.png

That's what it looks like. If you leave it at 'default' or whatever it's called (might be "none"), everyone, everywhere will be able to read any and all of your posts. You can do whatever you like, but just pointing it out in case you aren't aware.

doswizard likes this.
  2. doswizard

doswizard "That Which does Not Kill Us makes Us Stronger!"

Sorry,

Does this look Better?

I had no idea it was so Hard to View my posts.

:greenie:

3. Lynch

Lynch I'm just here for the cookies!

Much better. :)

upload_2018-3-19_22-50-20.png

:clap:

4. doswizard

Cool!

I guess it's too late to edit alot of my previous posts, but I'm not saddened. I just appreciate Lynch and Magic pointing me in the right direction.

Nuthin fancy, I'll just go with the default from now on.

:)

Wait a moment, it was only a glitch, I guess I can edit after all. Sigh.

:p

5. doswizard

At any rate, I'm seeing the other side of anger now and it appears to be closely related to fear. Sometimes I feel like a cat chased right up a tree with no one to bring me down and I get depressed. I think this

happens to alot of us, but some are better at concealing their anxiety than others. I do alot of physical labor on the job all day and when I go through these phases of pain, my only emotional reaction is anger.

It's really hard to be happy or at least content when you are restless and in severe pain. My job is stupid anyway, but for me to have to pay such a high price in physical demands is something I think alot of

people can relate to. I'm trying really hard not to be critical because it is just bouncing back in my face like a reflection in the mirror. I've been doing physical labor most all of my life and can appreciate the

suffering of those others who work so hard as well. Perhaps if I save my resentment for something more worthy of it, I will save myself from these dramatic mood swings. It really is killing me right now, but I've

gone through it all before and am in the slow process of healing. Phew............

:confused:

6. doswizard

So, I just gave myself a smoke break and realized that most of my previous posts have been

assembled from carefully edited and archived material which I worked on for many years. So if I

tended to ramble, it is my own bad. I want to stay focused and present with my writing because that

is where my mind is at.

I simply needed a leaping off point because it has been quite a long time since I've taken any of these

ideas seriously.

I burned out, but the light which burns twice as bright; burns half as long. Don't take it the wrong way

if you couldn't keep up with even half of my gibberish. LOL!

:oyea:

7. doswizard

This isn't just me talking about me, but I did notice this morning that I have some sort of innate ability to 'deflect' my anger off course so that it somehow becomes dissipated. Perhaps we all have this ability, I'm not sure. It seems somehow comparable to the concentration of violent forces in nature; i.e. a thunderstorm. Say for example; and this is an actual matter of fact, I can't stop thinking about my job. All of those thoughts become concentrated like terrible black clouds in the sky. It takes a certain 'knack', but we can pierce that veil and retain an awareness of blue skies overhead. Once this is accomplished, we are not so focused on the anger contained in the storm of our thoughts. It's still 'there' so to speak, but will eventually dissolve and we should be able to regain some clarity. I personally could not help myself because I am a thinking person and also very emotional, but I am not my thoughts and they will leave me at peace eventually if I simply stop focusing upon them. I know it's important to be aware of the danger of the storm, but we have to remember that thoughts are very similar to clouds in the sky which are composed of nothing more than moisture in the air underneath enormous pressure. The pressure will at some point cease and allow the clouds to dissolve, but so long as we focus upon even the most important of details in our lives we are susceptible to the gloominess of their consequences. For me, it's simply a matter of putting these thoughts in a safe 'locality' so they can no longer threaten my ordinary peace of mind. I have been becoming severely dysfunctional because of all this anger and I thought I might put this out there in order to help others who go through dramatic mood swings on a daily, weekly, monthly or even annual basis. Not much time left now and I need to leave for work, so I guess I had better stop concerning myself with it.

o_O

8. BikerDude

BikerDude Dude

Well I don't really get into the whole meaning of life thing and when I do it's usually titties and beer.
    Saw an image that brought me back. To the 70's.
    The image?
    Remember Jungle Pam?
    Somehow when I see pics of her memories of the 70's just come flooding back.
    She just captures something about the 70's perfectly.
    Big tits and fast cars?
    I suppose. And just knowing she probably has a big old 70's bush down there.
    They gotta bring that shit back. Hippie bush.
    Makes me nostalgic.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
    doswizard likes this.
  9. BikerDude

BikerDude Dude

The Dude Abides.

It's zen man. The rebel shrug.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
    doswizard likes this.
  10. doswizard

Thanx, Biker Dude!

I enjoyed the 1st short and have to go to work now, but am sure I will love the 2nd!

The Dude abides!

:tup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.