Share your thoughts.........

Discussion in 'Off Topic Abyss' started by doswizard, Feb 14, 2018.

1. doswizard

doswizard "That Which does Not Kill Us makes Us Stronger!"

:tf:This is an interesting idea I created long ago on the Forum at Nights with Alice Cooper...

NWAC has long since lost it's following due to a lack of support, but every Morning without fail I would Post here and Share my Thoughts....

Members would reply and I would reply in Course.......

The Whole idea was to instigate some form of Creative Expressionism. No topic was avoided and the Thread itself became increasingly debatable, but........

I kept a Following through Contingency.

So.......

If anything, Anyone, or any Thought is Simply waiting for a response in your Mind; Post it Here.

It's a Great Place to Debate over All of those Philosophical Conundrums that Simply are not solved with Another cup of Coffee.....

Intimidating, but nonetheless........

I will be Sharing my Thoughts....

Thank You!

p.s. I've alot on my Mind to Share, Mate.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  2. Starchild

Starchild Dream Police

If you're single, don't waste your time obsessing about how much you hate Valentine's Day. Spend time with your parents. They won't be around forever. Go to the gym. Read a good book. Do some painting or drawing. Watch your favorite band's concert on youtube. Try out a new food or recipe. Listen to metal albums while you crank up your heating pad. Do something. Anything but feeling sorry for yourself.

doswizard likes this.
  3. doswizard

Love it!

Give me time to Reply in kind, Starchild.

4. doswizard

These are All Great thoughts, Starchild........

I've just finished off an Oxford Press University Introduction to Psychoanalysis by Daniel Pick and I highly recommend it to any one Ignorant of the 'Talking Cure' proposed by Dr. Sigmund Freud.

My thoughts are turning towards Post Modernism; which is, not so Obviously........

A Contemporary Response to our Modern Times...

Kind of like a Late Breakfast or Brunch, I'll enjoy the Existential enthusiasm involved, but.....

That's not All I'm after.

5. doswizard

3/13/08

Consider the idea that it might all be in our minds? We cannot have existence without some kind of

awareness and the experience is usually inseparable from any kind of awareness of it. It might be

easy for me to think it was all going on in your mind. The only proof you have that it is not, is the

existence of other intelligent minds experiencing a similar event. This simple proof is enough for

me to think that God is more than just a manifestation of an individuals consciousness.

At this point we can finally begin to open up to the idea that we are not alone when in touch with

God. God can be subjective or objective depending on how you perceive things. Most of us tend to

think of God as an object that is both inside and outside ourselves, but God can also become a

subject when utilized as the topic of a discussion.

We point to this and that, but the more we point, the more God seems to vanish in the thick of

things.

I think I will stay with the idea that God has both Good Quality and Good qualities, the latter being

the manifestation of good things and the former being closer to Plato's idea of Goodness. Quality

is the key here. What is Quality? How does good quality relate to bad quality and why does Quality

seem to be the reason that both good and bad exist in the first place? The reason goes very deep.

Quality is the parent of a subjective/objective dilemma that has been argued about since at least the

times of ancient Greek philosophy.

Wherein lies the object? Why think of God as an object? Isn't that what all of the Saints and

Patrons of Christianity have been avoiding so conveniently all of this Time? If the object of

Mind/Matter is God, what are we to believe about the Unknown? Can we not see that it is an Eternal

discourse that is once again pointing towards Truth and Goodness? There is no Dichotomy. If God

is One, the object must almost certainly be One. How are we to remove ourselves from the

experience of One God? The question is rhetorical and Philosophy has no business nosing around

Religions' front door.

As I was talking about Quality, I can quite honestly say that my ideas are not entirely my own. I've

read "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance" by Robert M. Pirsig a few times and also have

the entire book on audio cassette. After repeated listenings I finally felt like I knew exactly what he

was talking about. The whole book centers around his discovery of the concept of Quality. It is an

excellent read and I highly recommend it! I am just one of the faithful, continuing on the path that

he was pointing towards. For me Quality is inseparable from God and I see no difference between

the two concepts. When talking about Quality, I don't mean the qualities of temperature or length or

density as a scientist might see it. I mean a Quality that has no substance. Metaphysicians and

Scientists alike cannot agree upon substance. Just what is this stuff at the center of a subatomic

particle? We don't know. And so the metaphysicians continued arguing that it was all in the Mind.

Where you can define Mind apart from Matter is what theoretical Physicists are really arguing

about. They are looking for some absolutely objective rule for determining the laws of the Universe.

Are these hypothesis Eternal or merely Infinite? What law governs the laws that they in their

subjective hierarchy are creating? We have already agreed that Mind or Matter is the subject, but

where lies the object?. We can only point objectively towards the qualities of a somewhat unknown

substance or perhaps even the qualities of an individual mind.

If we are to solve the dilemma, we need to first point toward the subjective quality from a somewhat

Relative point of view. I only know what I know and the fear of the unknown seems somewhat

unreal and so therefore I must dismiss this whole fear of the unknown as something of a phantom.

E=IQ: Eternity equals Infinity multiplied by Quality.

I think that if you as an individual feel like your life makes no sense whatsoever; you are not alone.

From an individual point of view, the pattern is almost indiscernible, but if we stretch out and reach

with our minds to a somewhat collective consciousness, the true pattern of our life begins to

emerge. This is why I am so antagonistic towards ruthlessly pursuing Nirvana for purely selfish

motives. I think that the individual mind needs to be lost in order to discover the true pattern that

our life is trying to create.

Just take any old ordinary conversation as an example. We need to have a reply in order to know

that we have been heard otherwise the pattern takes on a somewhat selfish One Upmanship on the

Universe. It's like saying "I already know what you are thinking, so don't bother to say It." Of

course, once you say it, no longer is It ours to create. Why steal from each other, when we can

share?

I know that free flowing consciousness is the most difficult to achieve. It involves allowing yourself

to really feel pain and anger and then letting it go. This is also the only way to achieve any real

honesty with yourself. Rather than call it a defeat and sink back into depression, I prefer to call it a

casualty and continue on the path. A clearly defined path is what we need here.

Logic almost always gets in the way of feeling emotion. Logic is good for analysis, but practically

useless when one wishes to tune in to what is really happening on the inside. By using logic to

analyze emotion, we are almost surely going to be our own worst enemy. It is a sort of hypocritical

way of saying; I shouldn't be feeling this way, so I will ignore it. The feeling does not go away just

like that, although it will eventually fade. It is important to always stay alert and awake to what our

own mind is trying to trick us with. Most of the time, emotion cannot be defined. It is as vague as

the clouds in the sky. Sometimes though it can come into sharp focus and be clearly defined. I

think we should at this point refrain from analysis and simply let the feelings be. It should also be

obvious how dangerous it can be to analyze anothers behavior based purely on logic. It is almost

always too easy to see people as objects possessed of certain emotional qualities. That is when

people start getting used. Never healthy.

History has shown the flaw of this time and time again, but human nature seems to insist on it's

own self importance and looking for emotional gratification is simply another one of those games

we play with each other. Why do we have to feel important? Surely it is something more than

simple survival or learning. I think it might have something to do with what I was saying earlier.

We all need to feel connected in some way to the world that is happening around us. This is just

another extreme example of one upmanship. The more connected we feel, the more important we

seem to be in the process of the whole. It's not unnatural, but it can be overdone.

The simplest way to stay connected is by ironically letting go. This is a form of transcendentalism

that is quite frequently a misused term. I think that the higher the awareness level, the more

powerful are the emotional and logical states of mind. This is why I truly believe that we humans as

sentient beings are always going to be confounded by the depths of our own minds. I am not the

same person as yesterday, but there is a pattern that I prefer to think of as myself. This is holding

on to Ego and it always gets in the way of true awareness. Once we arrive at our destination

however, the first thought is almost invariably; what's next? This could be a problem if ones eyes

and ears are not open to events that are happening. I prefer to let things flow without really

directing them, but in order not to get too far off course I constantly glance at the clock or out the

window just to make sure things haven't changed without my noticing.

Does a cat have a Buddha nature?

My answer is - Two cats fighting, Master unhealthy.

The answers to koans should be kept simple and spring from original thoughts. It is the same with

writing. If you have to think too hard about the answer, you are not really free from your own mind

and so incapable of understanding and mindfulness. I'd like to really stretch out the topic and

include all positive and negative emotion. Once the two emotional states are seen arising from the

same source, it is easy to see how they tend to cancel each other out. And once the mind is empty,

we can truly begin to feel alive. I am just breathing and hoping to breathe some fresh outdoor air

soon. By writing in the morning, I am once again putting myself in tune with the flow of the

Universe.

The best way to write in my opinion; is to stick with first thoughts. Editing can be done later.

Natalie Goldberg has an excellent book out entitled 'Writing Down the Bones'. I purchased this

book as a young adolescent and was inspired so much, that it changed my entire attitude about

writing. The mindset changed from a sort of boring, work like attitude into a way of truly freeing

myself from inhibitions.

I'm Sorry this is rather vague, but.......

Back in 2008 or so I started writing and suddenly I found that I had an Audience. These are first

thoughts and by no means Express what I Wish to Say........

Rereading it has in fact Enlightened Me to the Fact that I am Alive!

God Bless!

Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
    RadRobX likes this.
  6. doswizard

It's all about Empathizing.

Even if it's just Towards a Cat.

Cowards always Turn their Back!

7. doswizard

Now here is another One of those Posts I made..........

Let's think About this.

The full basis for this theory can only be experienced. It cannot really be talked about or pointed towards because it is different for everyone. So rather than continue beating a dead horse, I choose to continue writing; yet allow my thoughts to drift on to other subjects and objects of awareness. That is what is really at the root of existence. Awareness is the key. Robert M. Pirsig said that Quality is the moment the subject becomes Aware of the object. The word Aware should be emphasized here if one is to grasp what it really meant by that statement.

I know what it is. Education! We all need to learn things from life, not just what the teachers are trying to show us. This goes all the way back to that first idea I had about writers block. It really doesn't exist outside of the classroom. We become almost paralyzed at the thought of having to produce something as a result of all of this education and forget that most ideas are built upon previous ideas in the first place. If you feel like you are ripping off or being ripped off it is probably just a natural byproduct of human expression. Everyone agrees that emotions exist, but not everyone can say they honestly feel the same way most of the time. This sort of friction can lead to a natural nervousness about the results of our efforts. Simple curiosity is the best cure for allowing your mind to wander over the vast continent of awareness.

Yes, if there were a reason for this need to rationalize, I would say it goes pretty deep into human nature. Like the experience of writing down thoughts, we are constantly in touch with the churning motion of our minds. I think I get my best ideas while I am free from stress though. I guess that is just the way the story goes. You work a job 40 hours a week and get so in tune with doing your job, there is very little if any mental energy left to put into good creative thinking. I think that is really what I am trying to avoid altogether. I don't like the feeling that society has boxed me in so nicely as to make me almost a part of the scenery for a bunch of spectators that are just waiting to move on to the next thing anyway.

Most of this rationalization is of the intellectual category, although on occasion a lot of emotional and spiritual factors come into play. There really is no need to be egotistical about our thoughts. I guess it is just a simple need to think that we own our thoughts, but I find even that hard to believe as I am mostly a result of the environment I am living in. What I am really trying to do is get off of a religious kick and into a more spiritual grip. I see aspects of humanity in a sort of pyramid. Physical, Emotional, Intellectual and at the top of the pyramid; the pinnacle which can not be located is the Spiritual. The Spiritual governs all other aspects of our Humanity and even overrides Rationality; Logical and Creative. When a Spiritual force is at work it is definitely irresistible.

I know so much about Religion that it would scare the Hell out of most people and have just been coping with it in my own way. I won't go into detail, but the historical research and Biblical translations are enough to keep anyone awake all night. That phase is over for me and so I do not want it to sidetrack me from accomplishing good, free flowing writing in the present moment. I believe I started out on the right foot though. I started talking about writing and Zen and meditation and then drifted off onto the subject of God as an object. Now that I think about it; what kind of subject is that? It goes nowhere. I can never freely discuss God as an object, because God is a part of me; being the Creator. I suppose a dilemma such as this simply requires contemplation. Rather than force my feelings into the issue, I would rather look to ideas such as Faith and Hope. These are really bottom line topics and cannot in any way get confused with theology.

One of the really serious challenges I enjoy is being able to keep it all in perspective. The best way to do this is usually by recognizing that the past is gone and tomorrow will take care of itself. This usually puts things in perspective so that I can enjoy the present moment fully without feeling as though I have somehow been cheated out of some kind of inner experience that is so important to me. The conflict usually arises out of some kind of schedule. In order to maintain perspective, we obviously have to schedule ourselves, but when feelings or moods get in the way of our daily routine; All Hell Breaks Loose. I really empathize with other writers going through the same funky mood swings. I think it was Ray Bradbury who recommended more writing because it will get rid of all of those moods.

Really Nice to Be on the Same page........

RadRobX likes this.
  8. BikerDude

BikerDude Dude

I lost my train of thought.....

joker1961, Sunny and doswizard like this.
  9. doswizard

This is Way Good Biker Dude!

Cheers! :drink:

10. doswizard

Speaking of Trains........

Have You tried the Crazy One?