Shadow Gallery (Official Thread)

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Shadow Gallery is yet another progressive rock / progressive metal band that i've recently discovered. The vocalist and everybody in the band involved are absolutely phenomenal. It exceeds the criteria that I look for when I want to get into a new prog band that I haven't given much attention.

SHADOW GALLERY

Shadow Gallery (1992)
Carved in Stone (1995)
Tyranny (1998)
Legacy (2001)
Room V (2005)
Digital Ghosts (2009)

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Man I love Shadow Gallery!!! :bow:

I guess my first contribution would be to pay respect to Mike Baker!!

R.I.P. to one of the GREATEST vocalists in metal/prog!!

Broken

joe

Reaction score
Carved In Stone was one of the first prog metal albums I bought when it was released in 1995. Compared to and have always been in the shadow of DT. Having all thier albums except thier s/t debut there isn't bad one in thier catalogue. Pompous and lush at times. That's prog.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
I agree joe!! I thik SG is just outstanding. I also don't hear a bad track!

:grinthumb

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
They are definitely one of the best prog bands around right now. They're just got it down near perfection. And I agree with MP, I rarely ever hear a bad track from these guys.

joe

Reaction score
Listening to Carved In Stone right now. It's been a few years since thier last album. Hopefully thier working on one. Haven't heard anything. I prefer Shadow Gallery over DT. Not quite as bombastic IMO.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
^Agreed. I do love DT, and their albums are always great, but Shadow Gallery among other bands in the genre do pull it off either better than DT or still have a great feel to their music. A lot of prog bands are that way as well, though some aren't so good.

joe

Reaction score
I listened to A Dramatic Turn Of Events again a couple of days ago and I couldn't get through it. The ballads make me cringe. A couple of good tracks. Nothing really stands out for me. What is old is new again.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LillaMackr

Members online