Sevendust (Official Thread)

MusicMistress

Reaction score

sevendust-band.jpg

Official Website

Sevendust is a burly looking bunch of heavy metal musicians from the USA. This band emerged in 1994 as "Crawlspace" but was legally forced to change their band name. Sevendust is a very versatile band, their music is heavy with thrashing guitars but also has has a nice melodic vibe, thanks to the vocals of Lejon Witherspoon. For some odd reason, this band has managed to stay out of the mainstream, which is good and bad. Good in that they aren't overly commercial, and bad because they could achieve so much more financially. Honestly, I like this band. The chemistry this band has together makes them stand out, IMO.

Sevendust receives bad marks with a lot of the metal community, being compared to nu-metal. (Nu-Metal, what is that really?) It is my authority they resemble hard rock to mild thrash, with some nice melodic tones thrown in. The band has had its problems and issues, along with some member changes, but the band is now back together with all the original members.

Discography

Sevendust (1997)
Home (1999)
Animosity (2001)
Seasons (2003)
Next (2005)
Alpha (2007)
Chapter VII: Hope & Sorrow (2008)
Cold Day Memory (2010)
Black Out the Sun (2013)
Time Travelers & Bonfires (2014)
Kill the Flaw (2015)
All I See Is War (2018)
Blood and Stone (2020)
Truth Killer (2023)

The debut release of 1997:

SevenDust+-+SevenDust+(1997).jpg

A hit single "Black" has a unique intro and some awesome vocals

"Speak", this song shows the melodic side of the band, and how versatile Lejon's vocals can be

Last edited by a moderator:

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Re: Official Sevendust Thread

Awesome Music Mistress!

I asked MM to do this because of her post in the older thread which was the only good part of it.

Here's what she had contributed!:

Music Mistress
musicmistress-2682.gif

Sevendust isn't a bad band at all. They currently are in the "Carnival of Madness" tour, which is a great line-up of bands.

This is another band that has some great loud guitars and fabulous percussion.

I recently got their 2010 album release:

Cold_Day_Memory_album_cover.jpg

Opening track

This song has a great intro

This song would make me confess

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

I have the album you posted MM and it's my only Sevendust album. I never delved to deeply into it though but I'm tempted to now. I've heard some good cover songs the band has done but never gave them much of a chance. :)

MusicMistress

Reaction score

how did you do that, put my avatar in the post?

If you like double bass and some heavier sounds, you will like Sevendust. Although the USA isn't known for producing good metal bands, this group is pretty good. The vocals, percussion, guitars all just mix so perfectly. I also like how they are not afraid to incorporate new sounds. Very good group!

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

how did you do that, put my avatar in the post?

If you like double bass and some heavier sounds, you will like Sevendust. Although the USA isn't known for producing good metal bands, this group is pretty good. The vocals, percussion, guitars all just mix so perfectly. I also like how they are not afraid to incorporate new sounds. Very good group!

I just copied it's image location by clicking on the pick and voila! :grinthumb

I like all those elements and a melodic vocalists to boot which from previewing some tracks it sounds like they have! :grinthumb

Grunge

Grotesque Perversion
Reaction score

I've seen them 3 times and have gained a fondness for their appreciation towards their fans. "Broken Down" is nice.

MusicMistress

Reaction score

The second studio album, Home, released in 1999 . This album produced 2 singles which went mainstream "Denial" and "Waffle". "Waffle" is also featured in the Chris Rock movie "Down to Earth".

{{{{{Thank you Grunge for posting the Waffle video}}}}}

sevendust_home01.gif

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The new album will be released March 26, 2013.

SevendustBlackOutTheSun.png

2012 marked a busy year for members of Sevendust. Guitarist Clint Lowery and drummer Morgan Rose formed the band Call Me No One and released an album titled Last Parade. Concurrently, guitarist John Connolly and bassist Vinnie Hornsby started up the band Projected and released an album titled Human. Then they hooked up and put together Black Out the Sun, their first album in 3 years.

Decay

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online