Sepultura (Official Thread)

flipflop

Prisoner of rock'n'roll
Reaction score
Re: Sepultura

They've done solid albums lately, imo.

I've seen them live a couple of times - always a great show. Chaos A.D. is the obvious place to start for new fans. Imo.

ComfortablyNumb

Unquestionable Presence
Reaction score

They've done solid albums lately, imo.

I've seen them live a couple of times - always a great show. Chaos A.D. is the obvious place to start for new fans. Imo.

I have heard that, but IDK something about not hearing Max and the lyrics not being in the same league as his just makes me not want to listen to them.

I had a chance to see them for free, but I turned it down.

I did hear rumors that Max wants to get back with them for a reunion, but it is just not working out because of Andreas.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Kairos is a great album, just came out in June.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Kairos is under rated when it comes to good 2011 albums, I think the fanbase being split with Max v Derrick fanboys are just as bad as Metallica and Megadeth lol
I think Derrick Green has cool vocals.

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score

I don't t really like anything after Chaos AD. After that they take on a kind of Nu-Metal direction that I'm not fond of. To me it has nothing to do w/ this vs that. It's just whether I like what they are doing musically or if I don't and I'm not a fan of the newer stuff.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

I don't t really like anything after Chaos AD. After that they take on a kind of Nu-Metal direction that I'm not fond of. To me it has nothing to do w/ this vs that. It's just whether I like what they are doing musically or if I don't and I'm not a fan of the newer stuff.

lol I actually refer to the constant arguing I see about it whether on Sepultura videos or on FB. I understand why you don't dig the recent stuff, I have only really heard Kairos of the Derrick era so I can't know for sure what the rest is like.

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score

I know alot of people who don't like the newer stuff for the same reason as I dislike it, so I was just clarifying that for alot of us, it's not as simple as a VS thing, but just a dislike of the whole new musical direction they took after Chaos AD ( and even before that with alot of older fans ).

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

I actually wanna get their really early albums, I only have Arise, Roots and Chaos from the Max era.

E-Z

Reaction score

I'm a huge fan of the early stuff with Max .
Morbid Visions (1986)
Schizophrenia (1987)
Beneath the Remains (1989)
Arise (1991)
Chaos A.D. (1993)
All monsters IMO especially the last three I listed . Roots is where they go off course as far as I am concerned. I like about half of it but the nu-metal influence definitely turns me off to it and the ones that followed.
Yeah thats the same way that i look at it DaKillerWolf.

After contributing to this 'metal thread' i'm getting a renewed interest in thrash metal and digging out some of my old thrash cds. :)

Currently listening to-

EXODUS Bonded by blood.

METALLICA ...And justice for all.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HildredLad

Members online