Searching for a song that sounds like classic rock/possibly Allman Brothers or Steely Dan

ClassicalRockStar

Reaction score
I heard a song on the speakers at the store I work at, and I have been unable to make out the few lyrics that exist, despite the song playing regularly. It is a short song, probably around 2-3 minutes and it is basically an instrumental, with a high-pitched guitar melody (possibly a steel guitar or 12-string guitar) and it appears to only have 1-3 words, that are sung as a chorus by either a male singer with a higher-pitched (alto?) voice or a chorus of 2-3 male singers saying some three-syllable word or three individual words Something like "An-i-mal" or "any-more" or "any ways" or "i-don't-know" and then it reverts back to that catchy steel guitar-sounding melody.

The melody sounds like the Allman Brothers, but none of their instrumentals match, in terms of lyrics or running time.

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
Hell that bugs me too!...try Marshall Tucker Band songs...some come in at 3 minute mark. If it was a Radio channel- some programnes post the show playlist online...if it's piped music...then your company might know?..sounds 70's US or Canadian...good hunting!

ClassicalRockStar

Reaction score
Thank you for your timely response. Marshall Tucker does not appear to be the artist. For reference, I have found a guitar melody that is very similar to the unknown song in question. "Avalanche" by Walk the Moon, even though it is a modern pop song has a guitar melody that is quite similar to the acoustic or steel guitar in the song I am seeking. The vocal group singing the harmony sings with the same melody and tone of the guitar's melody.

Do you know of any classic rock songs that have a guitar melody even somewhat similar to Avalanche by Walk the Moon? See the melody that starts around 9 seconds in this video for comparison:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Members online