Scratch acid

ComfortablyNumb

Unquestionable Presence
Reaction score
SCRATCH ACID

Scratch+Acid.jpg

Scratch Acid was a noise rock group formed in 1982 in Austin, Texas. When they first began, their lineup was Steve Anderson (vocals), David Wm. Sims (guitar), Brett Bradford (guitar), David Yow (bass), and Rey Washam (drums). Anderson was kicked out of the band before they recorded an album, causing Yow to move to vocals and Sims to move to bass.

Scratch Acid's first two albums were released by Texas indie record label Rabid Cat, the third and final release, Berserker EP by Touch and Go Records. A posthumous compilation CD entitled The Greatest Gift, was released by Touch and Go Records in 1991.

After developing a reputation as a crazy, noisy punk band, Scratch Acid disbanded in 1987. because the band members never received compensation from either Rabid Cat or Fundamental Records (who distributed their releases in Europe).

All of the original members of the band appeared at Emo's nightclub in Austin , and at the Touch and Go 25th anniversary celebration in Chicago, Illinois. They played their final show of the brief reunion at Seattle's Showbox Theater.

Kurt Cobain was a Scratch Acid fan. In the movie About A Son Kurt explained why he liked Scratch Acid.

Very good band. It really is a shame they are not together anymore and that they never achieved the fame they deserved.

Do not bother going after each individual album.
Just buy or torrent The Greatest Gift. It contains everything they had recorded including an unreleased track "The Scale Song:.

I highly recommend this band.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
:eek:

they are radical, but in a good way. When you said they were "Noise rock" I was tempted to skip over this thread. Actually, the music is kinda interesting. I will have to listen to it more than once, though. It is very different from what I am use to listening to. Lemme give them a good listen, and I will give more insight :)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Nice OP Mud.:tup:

I am really enjoying the contributions you are making since you adopted us.:rock:

I'll catch up with all your threads tomorrow morning, promise.

Reaction score
:eek:

they are radical, but in a good way. When you said they were "Noise rock" I was tempted to skip over this thread. Actually, the music is kinda interesting.
I will have to listen to it more than once, though. It is very different from what I am use to listening to. Lemme give them a good listen, and I will give more insight :)

agreed.....

but I don't think i'll be giving it a second listen, not my style at all:heheh:

Grunge

Grotesque Perversion
Reaction score
The noise, the grit, the craziness, the twang, the trance of Scratch Acid is loaf. By definition fan-****ing-tastic.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Staff online

Members online