Sbb

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
Sorry, but a bit avant garde for my taste!

I understand there were Polish progressive rock bands in the seventies that sounded like British counterparts. There is a name on the tip of my tongue!?

:think:

smerdojajeczny

Reaction score
If not for your taste .. I'm sorry, did not discover America .. if you see similarities to King Crimson and Pink Floyd .. you're wrong .. and we had to live in those times in Poland in order to understand and feel the music. I think we're at that point the British Conservative .. and I would recommend a little more music to listen to SBB. Yours.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pjxi-e3XaGw

Last edited:

Chevelle

Protected Witness
Reaction score
I have Nowy Horyzont by SBB. I haven't heard it in a few years but I remember the bass player being very hot.
Also have Przechodniem Bylem Miedzy Wami by Budka Suflera.
And, I Wojciech Gassowski by Test.
I have not played the last two in many years but now I'm curious so I will listen to them soon and post again.

Chevelle

Protected Witness
Reaction score
Back in the 70s we used to hear about eastern European bands being arrested for playing rock and roll.
How common was that?

smerdojajeczny

Reaction score
In Poland, maybe not that .. but in the Soviet Union it was common. Western culture was forbidden .. including the music, which should unite not divide. In Poland, in these dark times government allowed the concert jazz, rock ... we had a very large and prominent musicians. But .. the irony since the Solidarity revolution in 1980 .. more ... beholder commerce dominates capitalism and its arguments.

Exodus - Ten najpi
jeszcze Krzysztof Komeda))

Krzysztof Komeda - Rosemary's Lullaby [live recording] - YouTube

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Staff online

Members online