Saxon (Official Thread)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: Saxon

Power & The Glory is another good choice, in fact their first 5 albums after their debut all cook. I am partial to Crusader myself, then again I like so many of their albums I just enjoy time tripping back to my youth when I play them.

Saxon-PowerAndTheGlory-Booklet2.jpg

Last edited:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Time to dust this one off, I forgot about my boys in Saxon.:bonk:

After Strong Arm of the Law came 1980's "Wheels of Steel", another good album for the band. They were showing a talent for writing "Biker" anthems, one of their strong suits. I always think of bands like this as "Workin' Man's Metal"...nothing flashy or innovative just good solid heavy metal you can kick back and relate to.:hab:

The title song.

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score

Going to have to spend some time in here and get to knows these guys.. I'm oh so vague on them at the moment..

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I think you will enjoy them Thumper...Strong Arm of the Law is a good starting point...or the newest album, I was stunned after picking it up. Definitely haven't lost their touch over the last 3 decades.

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score

I think you will enjoy them Thumper...Strong Arm of the Law is a good starting point...or the newest album, I was stunned after picking it up. Definitely haven't lost their touch over the last 3 decades.

Well you know me.. sorta.. If it's good hard rockin music.. I'll be more than happy to own it..
Have fun with the Accept :cheers:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I intend to, I might log out early and enjoy the music I've got backlogged from all the bands everyone has recommended, the only problem is Time, there is never enough.

And I told you not to worry about your Nazareth thread, the fans have spoken.:cheers:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

SAXON.....I have all the early stuff! Alot of later stuff!!!

For starters and new fans??

CRUSADER
STRONG ARM OF THE LAW
THE EAGLE HAS LANDED (Live)
POWER AND THE GLORY

..and Lord is right about the two latest. The debut is pretty simplistic but it does have Frozen Rainbow. :grinthumb

One of my many favorites from Strong Arm Of The Law

20,000 Feet SAXON TODAY!!! LIVE!!!

:oy:

Audio of one of my favorite Saxon songs period..also from SAOTL!!

SIXTH FORM GIRLS!!

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Time for the next album 1981's, "Denim & Leather". This is another essential early Saxon album, the biker theme is alive and well, they seemed to have a penchant for writing songs about the biker scene. I have no idea if they were involved beyond just writing good songs, Denim & Leather is just an old fashioned heavy metal party record. I always end up drinking a couple of cold pops when I play this one.:hab:

The Title Song.

Last edited:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

:( I have one Saxon album in my library at the moment, Solid Ball of Rock. I am working obtaining more, I really like the "biker" feel they have to their music.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

They are a really undervalued band Magic, there was an interval when they Tried to change to a Pop metal band to penetrate the U.S. market, sort of like a harder Foreigner sound, but all it did was piss off their original die hard fans.

If you want any Rec's let me know and I'll get you sorted.:tup:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online