Saxon (Official Thread)

Vader

Veteran Of A Thousand Psychic Wars
Reaction score
You can't beat the classics, but they are still releasing albums ranging from very good to great imo. They had a weak spell in the 90s with some less than stellar releases, but "Lionheart" was a return to form and they've been on a roll again since that one. Agree about them live, they still put on one hell of a show!

I'm in complete agreement with this ...

Fabio

Reaction score
You can't beat the classics, but they are still releasing albums ranging from very good to great imo. They had a weak spell in the 90s with some less than stellar releases, but "Lionheart" was a return to form and they've been on a roll again since that one. Agree about them live, they still put on one hell of a show!

Is possibile, honestly I don't follow them much anymore.
But the song "I've got to rock to stay alive" (and the video with lots of super guests) imho is a MASTERPIECE capable of giving me:
- emotion
- energy
- hope !

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
Saxon were a firm favourite of mine as a young teen trying to get into the Heavy vibe with very little money to splash around. Those first four albums were just great. Then I lost touch for a long time but thanks to LG (the legend) I was nudged towards the later gear. I have to say, I believe that eventually the band took a direction that went from strength to strength. Hats off to Biff and co. and as a live outfit .. well, they never fail to deliver.

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
New Saxon album on the way! :woot:

Saxon will release their 21st album Battering Ram on October 16.

The project is described as boasting “a clinically heavy echo of their glorious NWOBHM sound.”

The follow-up to 2013’s Sacrifice was produced by Andy Sneap at his Backstage Recording Studios in Derbyshire.

Singer Biff Byford says: “This one’s a natural progression from Sacrifice. There’s a bit less rock’n’roll and a bit more ‘heavy’ on it. We wanted to keep focused on a style rather than moving around too much.

The band recently issued a video for the title track, which features fans rocking out at the barriers during live shows. Byford says he explores a variety of themes throughout the record.

He says: “When I’m writing lyrics I like to switch back and forth between complex things, reality and rock’n’roll. I thought the whole folklore behind The Devil’s Footprint made it great material for a metal song, being that it’s both historic and mythical.

“With Queen Of Hearts I wanted to write something around Lewis Carroll’s Alice In Wonderland, and it’s about the chess game that happens in the story. I wanted it to have prog-feeling in the way of its ambiance and mood"

Byford continues: “Then you have songs like Destroyer and Hard And Fast which are 80s inspired songs with that modern slant on it. I’m a big fan of Marvel comics, and I wanted to write a song around the character Destroyer, and with Hard And Fast it’s, as the title suggests, about driving fast. I do like to tie the lyric into the song, so if it’s going to be a song about driving fast, well, it has to be a fast, hard song.”

Saxon spent the summer playing festivals across Europe – including the Ramblin' Man Fair – and will launch a month-long US trek next week in California. The band will perform at the Hard Rock Hell Festival on November 14 as part of a series of winter European dates before appearing as a special guest at Motorhead's 40th anniversary shows.

BATTERING RAM TRACKLIST
01. Battering Ram

02. The Devil's Footprint

03. Queen Of Hearts

04. Destroyer

05. Hard And Fast

06. Eye Of The Storm

07. Stand Your Ground

08. Top Of The World

09. To The End

10. Kingdom Of The Cross

Bonus Track:

11. Three Sheets To The Wind (The Drinking Song)

640x640.jpg

Source: https://classicrock.teamrock.com

And here's the title track:

:bow::bow::bow:

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Happy to have added The Inner Sanctum, Solid Ball of Rock, Dogs of War and KIlling Ground to my Saxon collection. Forever Free and Lionheart I think I still need.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online