1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Save the planet, don't have babies

Discussion in 'Serious Discussion and Debates' started by Midnight Rider, Dec 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Martha Washington

Martha Washington eat it! it's GOOD for you

I know leftists and enviromentalists who have been dynamite parents and raised very responsible people.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2007
  2. Reverend Rock

Reverend Rock cool music and hot coffee

So do I. As far as the issue of responsibility goes, what I'm saying is that if people are going to engage in casual sex, they need to realize the risks they're taking, and that indeed it could result in a pregnancy. There are a lot of very irresponsible people out there, especially non-adults, who are bringing a lot of unwanted children into the world. A lot of those children are being brought up haphazardly and all of us are paying the price for it as they get older. I see it all the time in the area where I live. Here in the southeastern U.S., it's really a major issue.

3. eccentric man

eccentric man Senior Member

everyone. those who already take responsibility for their actions are fine. those who would just find whatever way to squirm out of it, not so fine.

as for you're slicing up of my other posts. so what? i like how you didn't even bother taking the whole left wing comment before commenting about it.

i wrote replies based on the initial topic of discussion about some nut who thinks self steralization is the key to the survival of life on the planet. you don't think someone with that mentality is going to make sweeping generalizations? oh wait, their actions pretty much prove that they've made a sweeping generalization about the entire species.

i made my generalizations to maintain the poetic flow of my comments in this thread :tongue: i needed opposites and generally the depictions i chose to use are the ones that hold their opinions in highest regard when it comes to the large scale debate about sex. most people get lumped into one side or the other based on their final decision as opposed to the reasoning that leads them to it.

so just for you MW i'll clarify...

as far as i can tell it seems to me that most religious extremists want sex to be sterile (in the clean sense of the word). basically, only married couples, 1 night a week, missionary style, in the dark, and for the love of everything holy do not look below the shoulders.

on the other hand it seems to me that most of the free thinking extremists was sex to be all about orgasms. basically, you just **** anyone anytime you feel like because sex is all good and should never be taken remotely seriously, and if by chance there's a pregnancy... well... just abort the fetuses until you feel that you're responsible enough to take care of a baby. nevermind being responsible enough to own up to your actions, that impedes on the enjoyment of ones body in their youth.

the rev totally gets what i'm saying, even if he is providing too much info in return hahaha. especially that comment about non-adults raising their children haphazardly. it seems that there are a lot of people out there who think there's a magic number (usually 21) that equals adulthood.

4. Martha Washington

mind if I call you "Lumpy"?

5. Martha Washington

who in the world are you talking about? have you MET these people? I guess the Rev has. I haven't.
    I know a few single mothers who took responsibility for youthful indiscretions. it doesn't sound as Old Testament as your version but it reflects my personal experience.

you know what? here's our problem in a nutshell.. I LOVED 'the sexual revolution' and briefly being a part of it. I personally think a lot of things were better then than now. how's them apples?

Last edited: Dec 17, 2007
  6. Music Wench

Music Wench Rock and Roll Grandma

I have to say I think eccentric makes sense as well.

I'm doing my part by NOT having any children. Never even came close to an 'oh oh' moment. If you're careful, you're safe and you can have a very happy sex life without the worry of kids - if you don't want any.

Oh and for those who don't know and may wonder about how the hell I'm a grandma without having kids - my husband had a son from a previous marriage. I've been his stepmom since he was five. His kids are my grandchildren. Thus I am a rock and roll grandma. LOL

7. SlickDick

SlickDick Senior Member

In China you were allowed only one child but that has changed now, you can have as many as you want as long as you can afford them, because they will penalize you financially for everyone you have.

8. Martha Washington

same here. I guess where we part company Rev is what we consider "haphazard". me, I think this 'abstinence only' b.s. it a LOT of the problem. I'm all for teaching contraception and self gratification. LOTS of people who consider themselves REAL moral on the issue think those things are off the table. until e. man makes a lot of females remove their clits, I just don't see people giving up sex no matter how much sense it makes to others. I think many of those others have hardened their hearts to the issue. imagine! your hormones going nuts this day and age. jiminy cricket!
    hell, it's hard for ME to line up contraception methods and I'm an old married guy.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2007
  9. eccentric man

eccentric man Senior Member

are you really reading my comments as being crazy anti-sex? or just trying to keep things lively by taking the piss out of the devil's side of my comments? hehe

the only person i think who should have had her clit removed is the woman who got the sterilization surgery. really why else would she get that surgery other than to enjoy risk free unprotected sex while 'saving' the planet by not having a baby. if she REALLY thought procreating was so horrible then i think she should have gone all the way and removed her desire to procreate rather than simply removing the possibility of procreation.

i don't think people should give up sex. i think they should assume the proper responsibility about it. or should we just all start looking at it like shaking hands with our genitals? should it really be as common and nonchalant as a kiss on the cheek?

i also think the abstinence only 'education' is one of the leading causes of teenage pregnancies over the last few years.

10. Martha Washington

I'd be lying if I didn't say I thought this was a GREAT idea but I doubt my wife would agree.

If I stop posting nonsense, I will surely die.
    maybe I'll go bug Slick Dick for a while by being such a neo-con and give you gang a rest!:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.