Savages

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score
Savages are a London-based post-punk revival rock band, formed in 2011.

The-band-Savages-from-lef-0081_zps7b344273.jpg

Jehnny Beth – Vocals
Gemma Thompson – Guitar
Ayse Hassan = Bass
Fay Milton - Drums

Husbands - Savages

She Will

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
One of the most exciting bands at the moment ! You beat me first on doing a thread Sunny :cheers2
Well they say music goes in full circles and I am old enough to know that this can often be the case. SAVAGES sound very similar to all those great UK post punk bands coming out late 70s/early 80s . The singer Jehnys vocals are so similar at times to SIOUXSIE its scary.Musically theres plenty of gothic/ post punk structures/songs/riffs that remind you of Bauhaus,Joy Division,Au Pairs,The Slits .....I bet SAVAGES have been compared to many more bands from that era.
........and to make this a bit unusual this is an all girl band and remind me its 2013 not 1979 .
The album is on my "wish list" for certain love the dark sounds and energy , things are happening for the band very quickly......a great live performance at the Glastonbury festival has obviously helped. There is a real buzz in the music industry for SAVAGES :grinthumb.......Something I haven't seen since PLACEBO started up.

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Another great track by SAVAGES.Im just wondering if there are any more fans of this band on CRF. SAVAGES are worth checking out !! :grinthumb

"Shut up"

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Yes Sunny SAVAGES look a truly awesome band "Live". I hope to see them sometime if I get a chance.....

........and a very good album review too :grinthumb

Last edited:

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
I thought it was getting a bit quiet on the SAVAGES front.....but no more !
They are back with a new album " Adore Life" out in January 2016.
What a way to start the new year !
Here is a couple of tracks from the new album....Interesting check them out:grinthumb

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Here is another track from the album. A slow brooding little number.Soot reckons the singer looks like Sinead OConnor....Id never thought of that, she does! Iam hoping they tour this year :grinthumb

Adore

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online

No members online now.