Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: Satyricon

^^:lmao:

I think I will steal this one for future use.:tup:

b.o.b.

Reaction score

I am not a big fan of black metal but I still try stay in touch with this genre. When I was younger I listened a lot to Nemesis Divina, Mother North was kind of a black metal hit for me. In fact I had a couple of years when black metal was much more into my attention, and I still enjoy classic albums from Enslaved, Immortal or Emperor.

LOU/REALM

Reaction score

More music on the Dark side

Plus a wicked cover version to a BATHORY song

LOU/REALM

Reaction score

2 tracks taken from SATYRICONs debut album "DARK MEDIEVIL TIMES" highly regarded in black metal circles.......I like the way they craft a melodic acoustic guitar in these tracks

Recky

Reaction score
nice write up Lou...question, was that satyricon in the above pictured doco...it was black metal..but catchy...the guy had long dreads and wasnt growling like your usual DM guy

Last edited by a moderator:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Pmpl Lou, youre right he does look Eldrich in that Vid and a little like Lou Reed in some clips I guess :D

Andrew Eldrich way better though when he was into the gothic look.

Wicked cool thread!!

Hey Cinder, I fixed this video for ya :grinthumb

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Cant say Ive seen the HEAVY METAL Louder than life docu=film yet Recky. I hear its full of famous rock/metal stars.....I dont think its SATYRICON in it....its when you mention dreads Ive got a feeling its KORN
Maybe someone from CRF will put us right.......

Recky

Reaction score
Its a grouse flick Lou, anyway...your right I dug it out of its box and put it in the gizmo and it was the Mortus song Decadent & Desperate....so it wasnt Satyricon...but I've downloaded the clip, converted it to a mp3 and it lives on my mp3
gadget

Last edited by a moderator:

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Aha ! MORTIIS !! They are a great band Recky...if you said he looked like an Elf or Troll I would of got it straight away.Mortiis, also Norwegian was originally a bass player with black metal band EMPEROR. Ive seen him a couple of times and one occasion myself and other members of 13 CANDLES joined him onstage . We were dressed up with face paint and monks robes as part of a "fake sacrificial" act. This was at a Goth festival in Whitby in the 90s. Great fun.....I basically stared at the audience holding a candle most of the time [ must track down some photos ]
MORTIIS at that time was a solo artist getting away from the black metal scene a bit with his "dungeon music" . Now of course MORTIIS have become a band and have a more metal edge
Hmm seems to have gone quiet on the SATYRICON front hopefully they are working on a new album......love to see them "live"
Check out this track "Havoc vulture" the guitars are so HEAVY !! :headbang Hail Satyricon !!

Last edited:

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Another great heavy SATYRICON track....taken from" the age of Nero" cd....."The sign of the trident" . Essential listening for you guys who like metal on the darkside and heavy !!....I have been picking up their albums of late and they dont dissapoint :grinthumb

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online