Sammy Hagar vs David Lee Roth

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
No it's not a poll...but an interesting program from VH1 years back...some of you have seen it and some of you have not. With some recent chatter about Sammy and Dave lately I thought it would be fun just to watch it.

No opinions am I asking for unless you want to comment on the program that is...anyway...have fun.

Part One

Part Two

Part Three

Part Four

Part Five

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
It's cool to see the replies but I hope people are enjoying the program I posted...just making sure everyone knew this wasn't a poll and maybe just going off the thread title. :grinthumb

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
As a frontman, Diamond Dave was one of the greatest ever. Personality and charisma that I'm not sure have ever been matched by any other. Vocally, he was more unique than Sammy, but I'll be 100% honest, I love both vocally.

It wasn't always so. When 5150 came out, I about puked. WTF is with all of these songs about love and dreams and shit? My VH had gone soft, and I mean really soft. I was not a fan. By the time OU812 came out, I was much more comfortable with Sammy at the helm. In fact, OU812 is probably my 3rd favorite VH album. Sammy was ok as a frontman, but didn't have anywhere near the stage presense that Roth had. Not even close.

So, if I have to take one over the other, I'd go with Dave. But I don't loathe the Van Hagar years the way that some people do.

snakes&ladders

Reaction score
Roth is the better frontman of course, but Sammy beats some of Dave's high notes sometimes:):)

WetWilly

Whiskey Rock-A-Roller
Reaction score
It's cool to see the replies but I hope people are enjoying the program I posted...just making sure everyone knew this wasn't a poll and maybe just going off the thread title. :grinthumb

Thanks for posting MP. I had never seen this, pretty interesting. :grinthumb

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online