"Sacred cows" of music?

Status
Not open for further replies.

annie

metal maniac
Reaction score
Has any artist or group or song been immune from question or criticism over the years? Or is it true that music has no "sacred cows"?

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
^^^^^^^^^^^

True!

I think music has too many sacred cows IMO! Every musician should be measured by individual standards! Do we owe some of them gratitude in a historical sense? Yes! Do we owe them anything else? Nope! If I don't like their sound I'm moving on and leaving them in the dust no matter what pedestal they're on! My world of music is oblivious to everything but my ears and I owe no one anything! :grinthumb

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
There are no sacred cows in music, IMO - Not even the Beatles. I don't like them and I know there are others that don't as well. All a matter of opinion. If someone hates Zeppelin, I'm not going to stress over it. No one is immune to criticism and not every band will be your cup of tea! :grinthumb

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
I like what I like and that's all that matters in the end. :grinthumb

The Beatles??? Pedestal or not...they get it from both sides like any other band...critics included. :cheers2

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Music is based on opinion. And if someone doesn't like it. Well...they move on. I could care less if a band is "omg so awesome", or "omg they suck". It has no affect on me. If it's a band that i've never heard, I will give it the benefit of the doubt and listen to the band, and i'll either like it or hate it. And if I like it, i'll listen more. If I hate it, oh well. I'll give it a try another time.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I love folk but if I want to take a shit on Dylan metaphorically I'll do it! Will I go trolling the forum to do so. No, that's not my style but as far as I'm concerned. As my friend Sox says "Live and let live!" I can be a folk fan just fine without him and if someone in my real life told me otherwise I'd either politely or not so politely depending on the situation tell them to "Eat shit you pretentious asshole!". :grinthumb

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
There are a bunch of people who don't like a lot of the bands that I listen to. On forums, and in real life. They say to me "oooh you have shitty taste", my response to them is always..."well, i may have shitty taste, but im open minded about the music I listen to".

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
^^ Good points Soot & P & C....a certain style or genre of music doesn't limit itself to one BIG artist...I can appreciate anyone liking any artist if they're passionate about it..but not for the sake of selling me a "legend" ...

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
There are a bunch of people who don't like a lot of the bands that I listen to. On forums, and in real life. They say to me "oooh you have shitty taste", my response to them is always..."well, i may have shitty taste, but im open minded about the music I listen to".

Good attitude! My theory is that every person may have an ace up their sleeve for you and it's their loss if they are discriminating and not paying attention to what each listener has to offer! Just about every regular member here, no lie, has either gotten me into a previously unheard artist or pushed me to get into one further! Some have even influenced my purchases greatly! :grinthumb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HildredLad

Members online