Rusted Root

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Rusted Root

TWiM_RustedRoot.jpg

Does anybody still remember this band from the nineties. I got into these guys late but was introduced to them in high school. At the time it sounded too hippy for me. My friend Tom who introduced them to me was also listening to bands like Grateful Dead, Phish and all that music I couldn't get into so I paid very little attention to this group. It wasn't until college where the radio station gave away so much music that I found a single of one of the most amazing songs that I've ever heard that I got into them. This was the single:

Blue Diamonds

I bought the greatest hits after this! They can go from very uplifting to very dark and brooding but it's all a very cathartic experience nonetheless. The vocals are very spiritual and moving as well the instrumentation which is very varied.

This was the single for the uninitiated!

Send Me On My Way
(Such a great escapist song)

A great song I heard recently that I like:

Beautiful People

These guys may be one of the only jam type bands I'll ever get into! What do you guys think? Feel free to add vids and comment either way! :tup:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I'll go through this thread tomorrow morning and let you know S&S, I am not familiar with them at all.;)

Alocer

Music Fiend
Reaction score
"Living in a world of ecstasy baby!" I loved these guys for a long time during my anti-techno rock/alternative phase. I listen to everything now and don't exclude anything anymore...:)

This is the one I know the best and what I think of when I think of them(they have better stuff but this was their most popular)-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juKh1-pxTms

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Pretty laid back music S&S, I'm not sure I would play them on a regular basis but they're okay, I like the first song the most, Blue Diamonds.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I was reminded off this band when recommending them to someone based off their current taste and I couldn't believe I left this song out of my thread! It's my second favorite by the band! :grinthumb

Sister Contine

Terra812

Reaction score
Not really a Phish fan but sure am a Rusted Root fan. They've played Summerfest a couple of times... great live!

One of my favorites from them.

Reaction score
About a 2.5 minute drive from my house, they host a "festival" every summer.. it's not really a festival, it's like three bands.. But it's a lot of fun to go too.. I'm not that much of a fan, but EVERYONE goes, so it's something to do:heheh:

Can't go wrong with Send me On My Way though, it's a good tune:phones:

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
The only song I know of by Rusted Root is "Send Me On My Way" after I heard it in the movie version of Matilda. I liked that so me think me should be listening to some of the songs posted in here. ;)

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score
I hadn't heard of Rusted Root until reading/listening to this thread. Thanks Sooty :) Love 'em!!! :grinthumb Will look for an album of theirs now.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HildredLad

Staff online

Members online