Rush

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boston'sCorner

Reaction score
Living in the limelight, the universal dream for those who wish to seem. Those who wish to be must put aside their alienation, get on with the fascination, the real relation, the underlying theme. Wonderful words of RuSh. Ultimate Canadian band. Well granted that I don't know any others.

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
About time I posted in here :p Love Rush, haven't heard a bad song yet from them, and dozens of brilliant ones. I like their self titled album and Moving Pictures the most, and as far as modern albums from old bands go, Snakes & Arrows is up there with Black Ice for mine.

rtbuck

Reaction score
There was an article in the paper a few days ago about Neil Peart, he has been asked to write a new theme song for Hockey Night in Canada, and he was assembling a new drum kit just for this project...I'll see if I can find the picture.

That's pretty cool,I remember reading that Rush used to rent out local hockey rinks after their shows. When I was younger we'd rent a rink out from 1AM-2:30 & because of the hours it was half price so most ice rinks did rent Ice in the later hours. Also, on the Rush album 'All the Worlds a Stage' they did right a thank you to Montreal's Steve Shutt & Larry Robinson thanking them for the hockey sticks.

...Now for my thoughts on Rush:
The first time I heard Rush was around '77. I was at arecord warehouse sale & they had 45's 3 for a dollar. I heard of Rush but never heard them & found "Temple of Syrinx" on 45.I couldn't believe the power packed into a 2 minute song.I then picked up '2112' & was blown away by the whole storyline of side 1 & side 2 had some great Hard Rock.I love 'A Farewell to Kings' especially "Xanadu" but that first Rush album is my favorite. It's just straight ahead hard rock & roll.I was a little disappointed in 'Hemispheres' but 'Permanent Wave' bounced them right back in my book. I just loved "Spirit of the Radio" with the "Concert Halls!!" & the Roar of the crowd. All I could picture in my mind after hearing that part of the song was a smoke filled arena sparked with the scent of that illegal substance,a packed house screaming,thousands of arms punching at beach balls, & of course the loud amplified music of the headlining band.Yes,this was Rock & Roll. Iwas fortunate enough to see them on this tour & Max Webster opened the show. This was one of the best shows I've been to but I didn't really care for them on the Moving Pictures Tour. Actually,that was it for Rush for me for a long time. Other than "Tom Sawyer" I didn't really care for Moving Pictures & I hated the next 3 albums after that. Forsome reason I liked 'Hold Your Fire' & have been moderately into them again but nothing could be better than those first 5 or 6 albums. I think 'Caress of Steel' is an underrated album. "Lakeside Park" is such a cool sit back in the Summertime kind of tune.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
A fantastic band. I have a healthy slice of their music on my shelves and as a live act they really take some whipping. I am blown away with the musicianship all three excell. At Sheffield I recall Neil Peart's Drum kit revolving around his seat and a whole new set appearing complete with a massive rack of chime bars .... awsome. A great recording output, a devoted fan base, a killer stage presence, they have to be at the very top with the true Legends of rock.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^We would get along great in person Sox, you have impreccable music taste.

I love Rush as well, I had all of their early recordings except the debut, and then when "Moving Pictures" came out, I was simply blown away.:bow:

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
LG I wore a Caress Of Steel T Shirt at the Download festival last summer and I lost count of the number of people that patted the shirt and made refference to the band and the album. They are very much loved and respected over here in the UK.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Get Tracy to take a picture of you wearing the shirt and post it in here for us Sox.:grinthumb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Staff online

Members online