Review Rush - Rush (1974)

album review

Rockperson

Reaction score
Re: Rush: Rush (1974)

A fine debut album from the legendary Rush, bigger and better things were to happen with the introduction of Peart.

Here Again is my personal favourite song off this :)

Dude111

An Awesome Dude
Reaction score
Truckin said:
I give it a little higher rating..8/10.
This is probably thier BEST album!!!!!

I have 2 copies of this record (The original 1974 press and one in "Rush archives" (3 record set))

recgord27

Walking down a dusty road
Reaction score
Rush_self_titled.jpg

Rating:
I do my ratings out of 10. Me being a huge Rush fan, I love listening to this album. I'll give this album a...7/10. I try not to be bias here but the rating is just based off my personal taste. You guys have any thoughts?

Great review fielding. I would agree with your rating of 7/10. There are hints of the greatness to come, but they were just too green at that point in their careers. Working Man makes the album worthwhile.

recgord27

Walking down a dusty road
Reaction score
I have 2 copies of this record (The original 1974 press and one in "Rush archives" (3 record set))

Also have their original vinyl and a remastered cd version. Would love to get my little grubbies on "Rush Archives" set. It sounds awesome [envy] :grinthumb

rocknrollpestcontroll

Jammin On The Drums
Reaction score
they were still discovering their sound here, while working man is a great hard rocker, most of the album just doesn't sound like rush to me, instead a zeppelin clone. I don't mind listening to it every now and then but it defiantly isn't at the top of my rush albums, but then again it was their first, cant blame them. I give it a ..6.5/10.

Speed King

Rockin to the East & West
Reaction score
I love this album, it's a stripped down garage band version of Rush that the world would never see again. More than any of their albums to follow, this one is a window in time. Simple, to the point, and very effective. Add me to the list of those who don't think they were simply a Led Zeppelin clone at this point in their career. My favorite Rush album is Caress of Steel, and I love the prog stuff Rush did later on, but there's something really cool about this bare bones stripped down version of Rush, every other album that followed was vastly different from this first one,....I give it a 9 out of 10 just because I appreciate the rawness so much.

BTW, I positively hate everything Rush did after Signals.

Dude111

An Awesome Dude
Reaction score
You dont like GRACE UNDER PRESSURE????

I think thats a georgeous album!!

Speed King

Rockin to the East & West
Reaction score
You dont like GRACE UNDER PRESSURE????

I think thats a georgeous album!!

Nope, I couldn't care less about it, not my thing. Love all their stuff from Rush - Rush to Moving Pictures, and a couple tunes from Signals. After that, they lost me.

Don't be so surprised,....lots of us dumped Rush when they went a different direction.

Dude111

An Awesome Dude
Reaction score
Ya I know....... I DONT LIKE THE SYNTH STUFF MUCH.. Doesnt sound as good! (Even in analog) -- Im not surprised buddy..

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TrentGibb3

Staff online

Members online