Rush (Official Thread)

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
Re: The Official Rush Thread

A great band Dyllon their whole vibe kind of grows on you IMO.

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score

I quite like their 2007 album Snakes & Arrows, it'd probably be my third favourite album after Moving Pictures and 2112. Since it probably doesn't get as much exposure as their earlier works, I'll post a vid from it:

MP edit: Video removed from youtube

rtbuck

Reaction score

I took a little break from listening to Alice Cooper yesterday & what did I throw on to listen to????..."All the World's a Stage" by Rush. Great album I haven't thought to listen to it for years!!! I love the way In the Mood is worked in with Fly by Night & Bytor & the Snow Dog is just phenominal!!! This was the 2nd Rush album I ever got back in the 70's (2112 was my first) & the only song I didn't like was "Lakeside Park". All of a sudden around 1980 & to this day it's become one of my top favorites. It's between "Lakeside Park" & "In the Mood". Speaking of "In the Mood" the two times I seen them live (79 & 80) instead of singing "Hey Baby..." They sang "Hey Cookie...". It probably would have went unoticed to almost everyone else but seeing as it was always my favorite tune I noticed it...but then again I am a geek that always catches things like that which don't matter.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

^^^After reading that rtbuck I'm off to play "Fly By Night." cos it's put me in the mood.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I have to play that one some more Sox,,,I was going to post it this morning if MP was asleep at the wheel but I'm glad you did. At the time this album came out I was not really collecting much music at all, so I only recently acquired Grace Under Pressure. I do like it though, just can't name a favorite song off it yet.

Nice song you posted.:tup:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Another winner!!! I agree this is a great album...you start getting into heavy 80's territory...and though some of it was a shock and a shift at the time, I'm quite happy now that all this stuff was recorded.

Another favorite for me from GUP is this one right here!! :grinthumb

e010765186-vx.jpg

A couple VIDEOS!!!

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

Great stuff MP I think Rush kind of captured the feel of the cold war and the threat that played on peoples minds back in 84', dark mood songs really but still a sound album.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Members online