Rush and Deep Purple on the 2013 Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame ballot

Death on Credit

Reaction score
Rock Hall Allowing Fans to Vote (kind of) and Announces New Nominees

Rush, Public Enemy, Deep Purple Nominated for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame | Music News | Rolling Stone

This year's nominees are:
Albert King, Chic, Deep Purple, Donna Summer, Heart, Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, Kraftwerk, the Marvelettes, the Meters, N.W.A., Paul Butterfield Blues Band, Procul Harum, Public Enemy, Randy Newman and Rush.

Additionally, for the first time ever, polls will be open for fans to sort of have a say in the nominees that get inducted. Rolling Stone magazine is taking votes, and will cast a ballot on the behalf of fans for the top 5 artists.

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
RUSH and DEEP PURPLE are among 15 finalists for induction into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame's Class Of 2013.

No KISS.:mad

* ALBERT KING
* CHIC
* DEEP PURPLE
* DONNA SUMMER
* HEART
* JOAN JETT & THE BLACKHEARTS
* KRAFTWERK
* THE MARVELETTES
* THE METERS
* N.W.A.
* PAUL BUTTERFIELD BLUES BAND
* PROCOL HARUM
* PUBLIC ENEMY
* RANDY NEWMAN
* RUSH

Vehicle

Aging Metalhead
Reaction score
I see the Hall's powers that be still maintain their 'I Don't Have A Clue What Constitutes Rock And Roll' status.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Just induct the kid early....you know you want to HOF :grinthumb

e3mi2b0l3xmqo8rrwb3q.jpeg

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Also I merged these together as I see we have two threads on the same topic :grinthumb

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
There are 6 or 7 artists in the running this year that I think deserve to be inducted, two hip-hop groups that I like but should have nothing to do with the rock hall, and other people that should have nothing to do with the rock hall but some of which will be inducted.

That's how I break this down.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Doesn't inspire me or disappoint me one way or the other, RUSH and Deep Purple are already in the "Official LG Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame" with Legendary status.

As far as any rap or hip hop artists being in the current facsimile/travesty of a HOF that alone I find ridiculous. Give them their OWN Urban HOF, complete with massive posse's, shootouts and all the rest that goes with being a legend in that arena.;)

Khor1255

Reaction score
Let's hope not. It would be kind of cool if they were always snubbed. Like they were all the way up to Permanent Waves and the decline.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Staff online

Members online