Rush: Alex Lifeson named Greatest Canadian Guitarist

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
alexLifeson.jpg

Source Link

Alex Lifeson of Rush has been named greatest Canadian guitarist by national broadcaster CBC. He heads a list including Jeff Healey, Neil Young and Randy Bachman. His band, who have finally been shortlisted for the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame next year, are to be inducted into Guitar Center’s RockWalk later this month. In December Rush’s breakthrough album 2112 is to be re-released in multiple formats

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
He's an obvious choice, and deserving of any award like this. I would have no problem with Randy Bachman winning either.

But I have Rik Emmit of Triumph and Bruce Cockburn rated above Neil Young for Canadian guitarists, Neil is good but he's not in their league.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I forgot about Robbie,,,he's definitely a worthy candidate as well Bob D.

His first solo album is excellent.

stepcousin

stuck in the 70's
Reaction score
I would pick Alex as well. I would also rank Emmitt very high on that list. I wonder where Myles Goodwin was on this list.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I love April Wine, but don't think Myles is quite at the level of the other's mentioned so far.

Jeff Healy is definitely worthy too, forgot about him until reading the OP again. Damned shame he died so young, everyone he ever worked with loved him.

Khor1255

Reaction score
Cool. He is the obvious choice. But that doesn't always mean the one who gets chosen.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Yes Pat Travers is top drawer, but I've never been a huge fan of Frank Marino and Mahogany Rush...something just doesn't click for me with him.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online