• Rory Gallagher

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • Gary Moore

Votes: 4 25.0%

• Total voters

Vader

Veteran Of A Thousand Psychic Wars
Reaction score
Rory Gallagher, and welcome back , Hawk.
Good to see ya, you may remember me as DaKillerWolf.
Cheers.

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh! hair splitting time both are amazing guitarists plenty of riff`s but by a slight gap .0001 Rory Gallagher

Porch Monkey

Reaction score
Rory Gallagher.

Gary Moore is an excellent guitarist, technically better than Rory, I think. But Rory has an 'honesty' in his playing, something that comes from the heart. I know who I would rather have seen live.

I remember when Gary started doing his blues thing. Being at the time a stalwart hard rock fan, I thought he'd sold out lol. But then I picked up on blues, and then I didn't like Moore for what I perceived as a cynical attempt to ingratiate himself into that world by having people like Albert Collins and Albert King play on his records - I thought he was just trying to make them look bad with technical superiority. But blues isn't about that. And I thought it was just a passing fad for Moore.

I'm more sanguine about it these days. I like Gary's blues stuff, but wish I had copies of his earlier rock albums that were better produced too.

Rory? Well, I never had such doubts with him. He just delivered everything straight from the heart.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElviraPeth

Staff online

Members online