Rory Gallagher (Official Thread)

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
One of the first places I heard Rory Gallagher was on BBC Radio One sessions and in concert. There is a BBC Sessions CD, but it does not contain the material I have heard, which includes a barnstorming version of A Million Miles Away. It's not my imagination, because I still have them on cassette! Another source for me was an acetate from Sounds or NME. There is an 'alternate' BBC sessions, but I think it is a bootleg. If Donal Gallagher and the record companies are concerned with promoting Rory, it seems there are still tapes of some of his best recordings yet to be released - unless it is out there as an obscure version.

electric funeral

Just listening music
Reaction score
Bought Blueprint last weekend, the vinyl version. Am quite pleased to have found it. Need the first two albums as well. :)

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score
Sadly Rod De Áth died a couple of days ago. Lou Martin died in 2012 so only Gerry McAvoy is left of the four members in this lineup.

rodpic1_zpsd0518a01.jpg

Vader

Veteran Of A Thousand Psychic Wars
Reaction score
Too bad Rory himself had to leave us so early. Amazing talent. I practically liked Taste albums and his first two solo efforts but not heard a bad release by Mr. Gallagher yet. Don't suppose I will either.

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
Got all his albums and the Taste albums, what a great musician, I so wish I had seen him live, I had the chance, one of my biggest regrets, he was unique:)

Vader

Veteran Of A Thousand Psychic Wars
Reaction score
Got all his albums and the Taste albums, what a great musician, I so wish I had seen him live, I had the chance, one of my biggest regrets, he was unique:)

Definitely, one of the all time great heavy rock/ blues artist.Too bad we both will miss out
on seeing him play live. Have a live DVD and album though and guess that will have do then.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online