Rolling Stones: Rock & Roll Circus

Vic2010

Reaction score
I have the DVD. Prett cool. I like the Taj Mahal performance and the Jethro Tull spot. The Stones are killer too.

Foxhound

retired
Reaction score
I have the DVD. Prett cool. I like the Taj Mahal performance and the Jethro Tull spot. The Stones are killer too.

The Who get great accolades for their performance too!

It's interesting that the Stones never opted to release it as the TV special for which it was intended. The show ended up taking much longer to film than had been expected. As a result, it wasn't until the wee hours of the morning that the Stones got to film their part on stage. Not only were all the Stones very tired by this time, but the delay had a particularly adverse effect on Brian Jones who was at the time a shadow of his former self due to the deleterious effects of drug abuse. So Mick and Keith just thought that they didn't come off very well next to their fellow acts - the Who in particular!

Still, this one would be a great video to get.

Attachments

• A Circus.jpg
    A Circus.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 24
  • A circus3invite.jpg
    A circus3invite.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 24

FretBuzz

Monkey Man
Reaction score
I've heard that 'Ladies & Gentlemen, the Rolling Stones' from 1972 is going to be released on dvd in time for X-Mas this year...woo hoo!

(I've only seen it once, 30 years ago, late at night, when I may or may not have been under the influence of a certain contraband weed.)

Rock-n-Roll Circus is great, but I have to agree that the Who stole the show!

FretBuzz

Monkey Man
Reaction score
Its my lucky day! I just bought a used videotape of Rock'N'Roll Circus for $2!

I rented it about 10 years ago when it was first released, but that's the only time I've ever seen the whole thing (I do have all of the Stones' performance in it on a bootleg dvd).

Looking forward to seeing the Who, Tull, Taj Mahal, and especially the Dirty Mac parts again!

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Members online