Rolling Stones first album

... in ya head
Reaction score
No sure if this is right place but...

I've got a copy of their first album Decca LK 4605, and was wondering if there are any online methods of getting an approx valuation, also got a few other early stones recordings...

Gonna rip it to MP3 soon, not sure if I wanna get rid of it tho...

deezee

Reaction score
karma said:
No sure if this is right place but...

I've got a copy of their first album Decca LK 4605, and was wondering if there are any online methods of getting an approx valuation, also got a few other early stones recordings...

Gonna rip it to MP3 soon, not sure if I wanna get rid of it tho...

i have a book somewhere that evaluates the worth of all albums. i can't find it at the moment, but i know that it will vary by hundreds of $ at times according to things that you wouldn't believe. the first one and most obvious one is the grading. if you NEVER played it, it's mint..it usually goes down from there. believe it or not the ones that make the most money are the ones that sold the least. the first rolling stones sold thousands (if not millions) of copies. it's the obscure records that no one bought that bring the most money. but obviously the popular groups also have their cache. however it becomes about little differences in the records. then all sorts of other things come into play. there will sometimes be 10-50 different values set for the SAME album depending on numerous things. i'm certainlty not even close to an expert on this subject but if i can find that book i'd be glad to help. there must be some place online that has this too.

pooldude

Older than Dirt
Reaction score
I still have many of my original albums from the '60s (along with a working turntable & disc cleaner)...Beatles, Stones, Yardbirds, Animals & on up...

...& they ain't worth squat to anyone but me. :ha:

vc276.jpg

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I have no clue, Flower. I have sent him several email invites to come and visit us, though.

Foxhound

retired
Reaction score
Here's the track listing for the album:

Side One

"Not Fade Away" (Norman Petty/Charles Hardin) – 1:48
"Route 66" (Bobby Troup) – 2:20
"I Just Want to Make Love to You" (Willie Dixon) – 2:17
"Honest I Do" (Jimmy Reed) – 2:09
"Now I've Got a Witness (Like Uncle Phil and Uncle Gene)" (Nanker Phelge) – 2:29
"Little by Little" (Nanker Phelge/Phil Spector) – 2:39

Side Two

"I'm a King Bee" (James Moore) – 2:35
"Carol" (Chuck Berry) – 2:33
"Tell Me (You're Coming Back)" (Mick Jagger/Keith Richards) – 4:05
"Can I Get a Witness" (Brian Holland/Lamont Dozier/Eddie Holland) – 2:55
"You Can Make It if You Try" (Ted Jarrett) – 2:01
"Walking the Dog" (Rufus Thomas) – 3:10

"Not Fade Away" and "Tell Me" also became hit singles and they were pretty good too.

:grinthumb

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
It is so cool to look at those old album covers, especially when the cover has the band's picture. They all have such baby faces, and tons of talent at that age.

:ro:

gguerra

Reaction score
I happen to have this.. Got it as a gift some years back. It includes every Stones single from the 60's (A and B sides).. Pretty good compilation for all of their early stuff.

SinglesCollectionLondonYears89.jpg

Last edited:

Zombeels

Reaction score
I have an original copy of England's Newest Hitmakers. I heard that it is worth a lot of money if you have the original photo insert that came with it.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Staff online

Members online